Friday, September 12, 2008

I am finally there

We are finally "there". By "there" I mean doing the IVF thing.

It's taken me over a year of thinking about it and it's just over 3 and a half years of trying.

I can't believe how calm I feel.

I guess that I needed all that time to get to this point because I don't feel in the least bit anxious - somehow I know that God's with us on this, whatever the outcome, because I feel His presence.

Today's day 1 of the injection and we went in this morning so the nurse could teach us how to do it. I couldn't even look at it so my hubby did it. And he did it beautifully - much better that the nurse in the hospital.

I hardly felt the needle go in, there was a slight burn and then it was over.

One down, 14 to go!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:58 pm

    so exciting!! when will you know if it works? this month? a few weeks?
    best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to get things started! The shots weren't nearly as bad as I was expecting, and I had to be on the Lupron for over a month to get my estrogen in check. Nick did all my shots and they were almost always no big deal!

    Good luck with everything! I will be watching to see how it goes and praying for you to get that positive test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are the shots coming along? Did you have eny ultrasound. I tagged you - visit my blog for details :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails