Wednesday, March 03, 2010

400th post! Our list of top love songs, unashamedly soppy!

this is literally where "it" all started for us -
dining hall at Rhodes University :)


I mentioned last week that Just the way you are by Billy Joel is on our list of love songs.

James Bond Island, Thailand





Some other songs on our list are:


  1. Wonderful tonight – Eric Clapton

  2. Glory of love – Chicago

  3. Just the way you are - Billy Joel

  4. At last - Celine Dion

  5. Up where we belong - Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes (I couldn't listen to this one while in the throes of infertility as I'd cry and cry and then cry some more)

  6. More than words - Extreme

  7. Have I told you lately that I love you – Rod Stewart

  8. The way you look tonight - Michael Buble (don't you love that last scene from My Best Friend's Wedding?! Oh, I love it!)

  9. Don't dream it's over - Crowded House (have you noticed how many references to kitchens in their songs???)

  10. How deep is your love - The Bee Gees

  11. Crazy for you - Madonna

  12. Nobody does it better - Carly Simon

  13. Against all odds - Phil Collins

  14. All out of love - Air Supply

  15. Don't let the sun go down on me - Elton John & George Michael

  16. Total eclipse of the heart - Bonnie Tyler

  17. Nothing compares to you - Sinead O'Connor

  18. For the first time - Rod Stewart

  19. True colours - Cyndi Lauper

  20. Take my breath away - Berlin (The Top Gun version!)
There are about 10 more I could add... but I won't :)


And then songs I absolutely can't stand because, even for me, they're too soppy :)

  • The love song from Titanic
  • I will always love you - Whitney Houston


And to end off, some trivia.

When D and I first got together, he rewrote lyrics to Sting's "Moon over Bourbon Street" for me. Can you see why I fell hard for him? Remember I am easily delighted. I still have that page written on an "I love Rhodes" exam pad in a memory box somewhere :)

Is my list jogging your love songs memory? :)

Do you like any of these songs? Absolutely hate them? :)

4 comments:

  1. Your songs remind me of the soft rock/oldies station! :-P

    I think they're nice songs but not for me.

    Jesse and I only have one song really. It's "God Blessed the Broken Road". I prefer it sung by Selah rather than Rascal Flatts. It's a better depiction of our relationship.

    The other song that I joke about being our song is "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. I imagone that someone is singing it about me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are utterly adorable! I do love those love songs and hate your hate list, although I will admit to singing constantly and the Whitney Houston one is a good one to practice the pipes with!

    But my real favorite music is by Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, Erasure, The Pet Shop Boys, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Depeche Mode (Somebody is my favorite love song from them!). Sometimes I feel like my usual music list is that of a gay man, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH the mush factory! I love it. I'm not big on love songs at all. I'll gladly sing along with them in a mocking fashion though. I spare you the age bit and just say that I was a little girl back then! LOL! The songs that get me are the daddy/daughter songs that my husband listens too and tears up at. So touching to see such a big man get all mushy.

    I'm convinced you two don't age! You two look the same as you did in college!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandibula, those pics at Rhodes were taken in 2006 - we went back for a friend's wedding and had to go visit the campus - completely deserted as it was the December break :)

    If I had a scanner I'd show you pics when we were REALLY young :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails