Saturday, March 06, 2010

I can't believe I'm even considering this

During the last few weeks when I download mails they don’t all come through – some disappear into cyberspace (literally). I can see them come in but then they disappear.

I phoned the local computer nerds (Matrix Warehouse J) who told me my computer has a virus (how that can happen when I have anti-virus software I still don’t know) and needs to be brought in to be fixed.

BUT and this is a big BUT… all my stuff will need to be wiped off and my programmes will have to be reinstalled.

So because I don’t want to make the time to save absolutely everything on here, I procrastinate and in the meanwhile, check email via the web.

Anyway, I was merrily checking email when a banner ad popped up.

10 nights PLUS airfare PLUS a tour (I am a SUCKER for tours) in ……… PHUKET, Thailand for………….. R8 330.

D was in the room with me and I said, “we HAVE to go. It’s such a good price it’s almost a SIN not to go”

He tried to bring me back to reality – who will look after babies, it’s 10 days, etc, etc.

Of course, I had an answer for everything. Amazing how creative you can be when you get in the right frame of mind.

The grandmothers can look after them at our house, Nanny V is here during the days, we only have to fly by end October so babies will be a whole 15 months then, etc, etc!

I don’t seriously think I’ll pursue this……… or maybe I will (remember Ireland?)… but it’s nice to dream, isn’t it?

I do know that I need to get started planning our beach holiday. I have my 10 bonus leave days coming up next month (my 5-year long-service award at work) – I think I need a medal but anyway…..

Where do you dream of going for your next holiday (vacation)?

I think because I’m usually so organised but when it comes to anything holiday I TOTALLY let go. D then goes into planning overdrive and I am Mrs Spontaneous. I know, I know, hard to believe.

What’s it like in your family?

P.S. I've now committed to doing 15 minutes a day of data back-up and computer organising (yawn!) - writing down programmes I have on here, compiling licences, etc. Ooooh - i hate this nonsense. I'm so tempted to just go and buy a new one but then there goes my Phuket Fund!

P.P.S. I have SOOOO much to tell you - I swear I could write a blog post every day for the rest of the month and still not empty my brain - but will catch up during the week.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww shucks.... DO IT! 15 months - nanny, granny.... perfect :)

    As for our next vacation - hmmm location will depend on whether I go back to work ;) It's a lonnnnnnng way to anywhere (except Australia) from here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails