Sunday, December 27, 2009

Some of my goals for next year are...



Okay, first off, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions - they have NEVER worked for me.

I think it's too much pressure on doing things perfectly day in and day out.

But goals?

Those I can do. Because I don't have to eat correctly every single day - I can still reach my goal even if I slip up.

Anyway...

I mentioned on the blog before (when the babies were still in NICU) that I teach goals and goal-setting :) and I've been using my methods successfully for the last 12 years.

And this is the time of year (I'm usually done with all of that by this time of year) I work on my goal-setting.

So for 2010, here are some of my goals (in no particular order)...

  1. weigh 56 kg (have to now lose the weight from the fertility meds)
  2. get fit again and go to gym at least 8 times a month
  3. have a date night with D at least once a month and have more s*x (no surprise, s*x is on the back burner but I don't like making him feel last on the priority list)
  4. have happy, healthy babies... dare I say it?... sleeping through the night! (they are already happy and healthy)
  5. replenish our meagre savings account (totally wiped out by the night nanny and other baby expenses)
  6. go on a successful family holiday (vacation) - that means we come back rested - maybe I'll have to take the nanny along :)
  7. take better care of myself - I am very bad at this - every year I have to put things like "go to hairdresser every month", "relax one evening every week (okay, looks like that one is out the window) on my goals list
  8. remain the super-duper, efficient, productive person at work I was before my maternity leave (already I can WALK to meetings in the other building!)
  9. be a good, supportive friend to my friends
  10. make $ _______ in my business this year by working even less (means I have to get even smarter about my time) than this year (the aim is 8 hours or less a week, that's marketing plus client time) and last but not least...
  11. start reading my Bible daily

Do you set goals? Or do you do New Year's Resolutions?

Care to share some with me? ;)

P.S. Will tell you about Chrismas in the next day or two. I took an internet fast and didn't switch on from Christmas Eve to tonight except to quickly check emails in case I had some business ones to answer.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like some pretty great resolutions. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S*x, what is that? I have been so busy lately that I forgot all about that, poor hubby. Taking care of myself is not something that I do well either. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree goal setting instead of resolutions is much more practical. Most of mine are very similar to yours, which makes sense as we are both in the same point of post-baby. I think I'm going to work on my goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails