Monday, December 07, 2009

Our first party invite

I had lunch with a friend last week (cramming things in every day before work) who gave Connor and Kendra an invite to her daughter's birthday party.

I was so excited - this is our first party invite - until I realised I have to buy presents.

I have no idea what to get...

What kind of (not very expensive) gifts do you suggest for a two-year-old?

And what is twin etiquette? One present from both, or do they each have to bring something?

P.S. The babies are 5 months today - we're off now to get a wellness check. Will update tomorrow.

P.P.S. 3 days before I go back to work, counting today!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the first party invite! Only one gift from both of them. I like the idea of either an educational toy or books. I also have a habit of asking if they need anything. Someone asked me recently if the boys needed anything for Christmas. I said PJs in their next size up. I know those aren't that expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:48 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man those spam comments suck don't they?! Maybe you need to put that verification thingee on your comments? In saying that I still got spammed with it on...

    I don't have twins but I reckon one gift as well - no different to if you and D were giving someone a gift before the babies, it'd be from the both of you.

    I can't believe the kids are 5 whole months old :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you an award on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One gift from the both of them. I usually ask what the child likes or needs - do they have a favorite character or color or type of toy?
    See if they have an online wish list where you can get some ideas.

    We've always liked gift cards. Clothes to grow into, books, music, educational videos, grow with me toys like blocks, legos, or art supplies. Boys seem to always like cars, girls seem to like doll stuff. Mine love sand and outdoor toys.

    How about their favorite food? Pudding or cracker snacks, be creative. Or a gift certificate to an indoor playground or zoo or restraunt?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails