Saturday, April 09, 2011

On a slightly morbid note...





Have you ever thought about dying?

And more importantly, what you would have want to have left in place for your kids?

We had our wills done recently (mine is finally signed after a few back and forth on some issues) but I was thinking.

Isn't that just the practical side of it?

There's so much more to life than money.

What about some of the emotional things you would like your kids to know?

The comments on Ask Moxie's post has some fabulous suggestions.

I want my kids to know that there's a me, not just their mother, but I'm their father's wife and I have thoughts and feelings and do other things besides that.

This blog is one way to do that. This is post 801, I have another two blogs with 515 and 804 (organising blog) posts respectively and after reading some comments on Moxie's blog, I'm going to pay someone to put all my recipes (from the 515 blog) on one blog.

Getting in more pictures is another. Esp with D.


(A couple of months ago D and I were hugging and kissing in the kitchen and the look Kendra gave us? Huge shocked eyes. Priceless! So we told her, "kissing is for us too, not just for them!")

What else?

6 comments:

  1. Your post reminded me of a time when I were on a counseling course and we were instructed to write our "funeral letters". My goodness I was traumatized by that:-) I realised how much unfinished business I had...and how many things have remained unsaid through the years. Now I don't bottle up anymore...I talk and share:-)

    My question is always..."Will I be missed when I am no longer there...will I be leaving a legacy that will remain?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE have to get this done RIGHT AWAY!!! I can't believe we still haven't done it. I suck (that's not what I want the Crazies to know...they should remember me as a Goddess).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an issue I have been thinking about a good bit lately, since the totally unexpected death of a friend in January. It's hard to think about, but we DO have to get some stuff in writing.

    I think the number one thing I would want A & M to know is that I love them beyond measure and that no matter what they do or who they grow up to be, I will be proud of them.

    (They hate it when Jeremy and I hug too much...they start crying and say "mama! mama!" Issues?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of dying a lot. I am very afraid of death. I am even more afraid of it happening prematurely like before my kids are grown up. After loads of back and forth we finally have the practical bits sorted. Interestingly enough it wasn't the material aspects that were causing issues. It was the issue of appointing a guardian for our kids. There is definitely so much more to life than money. I guess I need to think more about creating memories for my sons.
    And my Toddler is extremely jealous of my DH. I may not hug, kiss or hold my husbands hand. And of course my DH is such a cow and will insist on doing all of the above when he is around just to get a reaction.
    Thank you so much for the beautiful comment that you left on my blog. I sommer cried when I read it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and hubby also did our will a few months back and it too struck me that through a will, their is nothing emotional of us in it, to show our children. That is why I began a thing where I have opened an email account in each of the children's names and each week I send an email to each of them. So that one day, whether I am alive or not, they can read all about the "me I am" and the other stuff like memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get into pics with my kids and husband. I rarely have any with me in them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails