Sunday, January 01, 2012

And....my word of the year for 2012


In case you missed it, here is my year in review post

First, a quick reflection on my 2011 word of the year, courage.

That word served me very well.

I spoke up, stepped out, emailed more, made myself more vulnerable, asked for help more (although still not enough), shared more of myself and found my courage again.

It helped having little reminders like Aimee's doodle print, my courage necklace and a card Roz bought me that lived on my little table next to my desk for much of this year til the children started grabbing at it too much.

Before I go into this year's word, let me share briefly why I think everyone should at least have one word for the year:

  1. Even if you don't "do goals", your word will guide you in your decisions and actions
  2. It's easier than a laundry list of to dos
  3. It creates intention for your year.

  • E.g. when I was tempted to be quiet in meetings (I am not one who talks just for the sake of talking), if I had an idea, I thought of my word and forced myself to act with courage and speak out
  • I've spoken a lot more personally on my business blog - vulnerability = courage for me
  • If I was dilly-dallying, I'd say, "what would a person of courage do?" and write the email or go speak to someone or deal with the confrontation. It wasn't always easy but it was always satisfying afterwards.
I make my clients go through this process too. It helps them as I can look objectively at their situations and ask them, "is this going to achieve _____ in your life?" :)

I find that some people know immediately what their word will be and others need to let it sit for awhile.

Don't rush the process - take your time.

So.... my word is create.







Yes, to Create things with my hands - pretty things that let me have a creative outlet but also

  1. Create a legacy for my kids, create fun times for us together
  2. Create an awesome marriage (again)
  3. Create a fun and productive work environment
  4. Create moments of happiness and smiles for friends and people I bump into
  5. create meaningful relationships with friends
  6. create a book... or two
  7. create products in my business again

Basically, I want to go about my days thinking, what will I create today? and what am I creating in this moment?

It's about being purposeful and intentional in every area of my life. 

What about you? What is your one word for 2012? Link up!
PS don't worry - I'll go back to the normal font tomorrow - I just felt like using something fun!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE it. Create is just so YOU at the moment.
    Will write mine up and link in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect word for you at this moment...perfect! I think I've come up with mine...just have to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much, Marcia. I know how fantastic a creative outlet is, and I so love how you're expanding on that to apply to so many aspects of your life. It is so much about purpose for me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I love those pictures, too...beautiful "creations"...all of them! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have written and linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your word - perfect for you.Looking forward to see your creations. And I do plan to buy a "hope" word to mosaic for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've picked a really good word for this year...you are going to rock it! :-)

    I have no idea what my word would be - so far nothing screams out at me yet, but I'll have a think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:46 am

    love this. create can mean so many things. and LOVE the pics of the kiddos. :)

    ...not sure if i can come up with a word. i'll give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect choice! I loved reading this post. I can't wait to see your inner artist at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the "create" word for a new year!

    My word would have to be "peace"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you'll link in over at my Word blog hop too! Great minds think alike LOL. I wish you a wonderful year of CREATING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your word, and I love your photos! What is it about pretty tape that just screams "use me! Get creative with me!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. There really is no better word than create!! Good for you! Creating is so fulfilling and covers a huge spectrum! Good luck and Happy New Year!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails