Friday, January 20, 2012

Five on Friday - life admin

Well, we were quoted R400 for the microwave. D wants to fix so the dude's coming back tomorrow morning to do that. He's scheduled at 8 am. If he's not here by 10, I'm off to buy a new microwave (which was my vote).

I booked a hair appointment this afternoon and I told her to trim a TINY bit off. Of course she didn't listen and I sincerely hope this hair looks okay even when I do my thing (wash and leave it).

I've booked iPad training for next Sat. Yes. I need training. Tomorrow I need to go buy something called a microsim and data bundles (what the heck?!). Why don't they tell you there's all this admin before selling you stuff???? Nevertheless. I'm holding out for that "you're going to LOVE it" feeling you all told me about... South Africans, where do I get the best value for money as far as data is concerned from the cellular providers? And iPad users, how many MB do you use per month? The girl told me it doesn't carry over so I don't want to waste money.


I've done something very clever (not yet cute) in my study. Let me cutify it and then I'll post pics. I was so inspired by the colour..... BTW, this is distracting me from my main goal which is to declutter and tidy. It keeps getting sorted (after Christmas) and then the party. And then the holiday. And now it just has to get sorted as I'm back to work on Monday.



D is sick. I'm the worst nurse in the world so I'm unsympathetic and horrible as in I leave him to his own devices. I hate myself like this because he's all kinds of fabulous when I'm sick but I can't seem to summon up any sympathy. Although I did buy him a creme brulee at Woolies this afternoon.

How was your Friday and what are you most looking forward to this weekend?

Me? Getting the study sorted and finishing my book!


PS blogger is not letting me comment on blogs. Lea, MandyE, Mandy, Deanna, I tried several times and have now given up. There's a Sophie Kinsella I'm 21% through waiting for me...

6 comments:

  1. What's up with Blogger? Some seem able to leave comments, but I've had you and 2 others telling me now they couldn't leave comments.

    I don't seem to have trouble leaving comments so not sure why it is giving you problems.

    Hope D feels better soon.

    Can't wait to see pics of your study project :-)

    We have an ipad and usually I just leave it to hubby to figure out all the technical stuff as that is what he is good at.

    My Friday was very good and very rewarding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what that turquoise filigree mat (?) is...but it's yummy! Can't wait to see what you're up to!

    This weekend, I'm looking forward to taking a morning shower (as opposed to before bed, which I have to do during the week), and going out to lunch with the fam on Saturday. Making a shrimp dish for supper on Saturday night - one of Hubby's favorites, and hoping to sneak in a cup of coffee with a friend on Saturday afternoon. :) :)

    Hope D feels better! I used to be a much better "nurse" before the babies were born. Now it's hard for me to have much sympathy...I certainly don't get sick days. I know that sounds horrible (!!!), but it's life these days. :/

    Hope you have a good weekend, Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I love the color of the mat!

    I'm laughing so hard at you needing a class for a iPad, it's cute! Also, do they only open the mobile iPads in SA? Here you can get them as wireless, like laptops. So no mobile data plans. The phone company gets enough of my money!

    I'm also terrible to my husband, but I think that is because he is usually "man sick" and I can't stand his wimpering over nothing.

    Friday was a day. I think I am going to blog about dinner out. I just found out that picnic is closing and I'm a little sad about that(but only because I have goog.le+ and don't understand it!). I'm actually looking forward to DH's birthday. I love seeing him get upset when I treat him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a good nurse either Marcia. I also feel guilty becuase Dave is so helpful and caring when I am sick...sure hope he feels better soon!

    Can't wait to see the study...

    Thanks soooo much for the card and the little note cards you sent...I love them! I might "scraplift" that idea when sending greetings next time.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a terrible nurse too...especially when it comes to man-flu. Growing up we had a rule in our house that if you're not sick enough to go to the doctor you're not sick enough to be fussed over.

    My weekend was purrrrrfect... I'll tell you later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am an EXCELLENT nurse with my kids. With my husband, not so much. HE has brought it upon himself. What's up with him getting sick for more than 24 hours anyway! Who even does that these days?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails