Monday, January 02, 2012

Back to work

baker's twine
a bit of washi tape at the back
I bought that alphabet set at the same time as the twine - LOVE it
this is the travel journal for D, a work friend who went to Thailand in Dec - I hope she likes it


There's so much swirling around in my head that I don't know where to start.

Some bullets perhaps?
  1. I'm back to work tomorrow for a week. I've got two big projects to complete so I can't even totally slack off and relax but I am hoping to get in 3 personal training sessions.
  2. I feel like I'm behind with everything - business stuff, house stuff, holiday stuff, goals stuff, reading stuff. As in, I still haven't set goals for the year!!!
  3. On the bright side, I have someone coming in to clean the house tomorrow. I couldn't take it anymore and when my one friend mentioned that she'd used this person, I got the number and it's on. Can't wait for a sparkling clean house.
  4. I do feel a bit better (not as frazzled) today. I think it's because last night I cooked and baked. These are the things I like to do on holiday - lots of cooking, baking and (just for you, Heather) putzing around the house.
  5. It's a little bit scary though because I'm working this week, the following two weeks we're away and then I have one day to do laundry and I'm back at work proper. I really think I'm going to have to take a few days in Feb to read and do nothing. And finish that book which is hanging over me - can't stand it anymore.
  6. The kids are messing with us, big time. They suddenly don't like things they liked a week ago. Thank goodness they still like peas and carrots. Tonight they had pasta with cheese, peas and grapes.
  7. However their behaviour is a teensy bit better because we've gotten hardcore. There were some glorious tantrums, time-outs and smacks this morning (someone took my purple nail polish - deep in a drawer - and painted my phone and flicked the brush about so my bedside table was a mess, another someone messed with my mascara and pulled out a whole roll of dental floss and still another hit their sibling with a mallet on the head) but overall we had quite a good day (6 - it's been 3s and 4s around here).
But how has your Monday been?


And more importantly, have you decided on your word for the year?

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 pm

    wow. that's quite the start to the week :)

    i returned to my total body class to learn that it's been renamed "total body EXTREME" and that he is totally kicking it up a notch. that is okay...but couldn't he have mentioned it last week so i could be prepared for the change? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is Nester coming back?
    AM going back to work on Wednesday and I have very mixed feelings about it. I am afraid and at the same time I look forward to the "break" from my kids. I think you should take a few days in Feb too. Yikes. Your kids are REALLY putting you through the wringer. I have now banned both of mine from my bedroom. Told them to go and wreck their own ones.
    My Monday has been lazy. I had hoped to go for a last swim today before taming the frizz tomorrow but it was raining and so I spent most of it reading in bed. Finished that 365 nights book that I was busy with. Am about to start something new. Well not new exactly - something that has been on my shelf for at least a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely compliment Marcia!

    How does this choose a word thing works?

    I'm sorry things feel so chaotic at the moment. I think it is just that your whole routine got messed up with the hospital situation. I pray that soon you'll find your feet, rhythm and routine again!

    And boy can kids sometimes push the boundaries :-). Were you manage to wipe off the nail polish or was it dry already?

    I mostly did some exercise yesterday - swimming and running. And not much else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful package, Marcia! :)

    This is J's last day of vacation. It's been busy so far, as we had the girls' three-year check-up, but good. The girls did GREAT at the ped's office, and we went out to lunch. They're napping soundly (hurrah!!!), and I'm hoping to make a quick run to the craft store (alone!) this afternoon. I already have supper prepped, so I don't have much left to do there.

    I love that baking makes you feel good...me, too. :)

    Sounds like some crazy shenanigans at your house today, but I'm glad you're taking it in stride. Hang in there, Mama!

    And I hope you have a productive week at work. Maybe that will provide a good back-to-basics for everyone, so that you can all head on your trip in good spirits all around.

    How is K feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh*
    I still don't have a word...

    At least your kids are still eating vegetables, mine is surviving on Juice and droe"wors at the moment with the occasional piece of cheese. She just point blank refuses to eat.

    I guess she'll eat when she's hungry? Or when she goes back to school next week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE paper bags wrapped in twine... love them, love them, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, there is an award for you on my blog - http://livinglifenowinkiwiland.blogspot.com/2012/01/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the putzing around the house! I got a lot clean around the house over the holidays and I've started to go hard core with the boys attitude over the holidays too! I'm back at work now hard core as you say. I haven't done much blogging lately, but I'll be coming back to it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails