Friday, January 13, 2012

I just had my first cup of tea and Five on Friday at the beach






Posted by Picasa
I don't know why but I haven't felt like having a cup of tea since we arrived here. Until tonight.

Maybe the excruciating heat?

A friend asked today about the weather and I said, "either it's not as hot or I'm handling it better because it doesn't feel as bad as those first two days".

I think I'm handling it better :)


So, let's see - five on Friday!

1. Yesterday the kids touched an orange sponge on the beach and their hands started swelling and breaking out. I know - these weird things only happen to us. They kept crying, "hand sore! hand sore!" so we came back to the apartment where I distracted them with lunch while D went to the pharmacy to get some stuff. They have a cream and two medicines they have to take for at least 48 hours. The hands looked better within an hour or so of the medicine and cream but we're watching them closely.

2. D and I have already had date 1 for January. We went to Crawdaddy's on Wednesday night where we had a delicious meal (yes, I'm going to work my butt off with Kristy on the 23rd) and a more delicious chat about where we are, what we want to do, all the stuff one does at the beginning of a year.

3. We all went out to supper at the Spur tonight and the kids WOLFED down their food. They then went to play (and I told D to pay the childminder when the kids were dropped off - my friend with the twins told me this trick - which he did so they were happily taken care of) and would not leave even when we threatened to leave without them!!!!






4. Speaking of the kids, they're now bathing twice a day - once after the beach (this one is my favourite) and then the normal one at night - and they love it. Poor things are playing with one little plastic container each as bath toys. Just goes to show children can be creative with just about anything.



5. My mother has been getting on my nerves a bit. Not surprising as we are very different and it has been 3 days, which is usually my limit. She's indecisive and I'm, well, super decisive is probably a good description. I had to give myself a talking-to this afternoon and tell myself I'm creating family memories.

On the bright side, she is helping out tons. We are still 100% in charge of the baby stuff but she's been doing all dishes and a lot of the cooking (I have to decide what we're eating, of course :)). Very different to MIL. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics change when she arrives tomorrow afternoon. Ta da da dum.

So how has it been going on your side of the world?

PS still have 117 posts in GR. These crafty/ decor ladies sure do post a lot :)

8 comments:

  1. Thought I'd click on over to let you know I have been reading just not commenting...miss ya!

    Looks like so much fun...can't wait to hear more about the adventures!

    :) Happy Weeekend!

    P.S. My husband let me know that your card arrived this week...we are home next week so I can't wait...thanks so much for thinking of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely little vacation you're having. I love the photos of the kids in their sunglasses. They look very cool indeed!

    I'm a bit jealous you've already had a date with your hubby. T and I were supposed to go out New Year's Eve, but it ended up not working out. We had rescheduled for tonight, but had difficulties with childcare, so now we have to reschedule again. Hopefully we'll have one before January comes to a close, but the way things are going, I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaw...they look so cute in their swimsuits.

    I'm glad you're having a good time snd getting some rest.

    I don't know sbout sponge injuries but apparently vinegar is really good for bluebottle ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your holiday is going well. I'm still healing here at home and it's getting on my nerves. Can't wait until I'm 100% again. And yes, kids can be creative with very few toys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the pictures of the beach, Marcia! I'm just trying to absorb some heat from the thought...it has been below freezing here, with snow, for days! :)

    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look cute in their swimming costumes. It is VERY hot in CT but luckily there is a bit of wind to make it a bit more bearable. We are having our first date of 2012 later today - if our babysitter plays along. Wanted to go for a swim today but Joel is coughing so we are just staying home today. Probably better that way. And I have about 10 books to cover as well, will start them after lunch. LOVE covering books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do look cute in their swimming costumes. It is VERY hot in CT but luckily there is a bit of wind to make it a bit more bearable. We are having our first date of 2012 later today - if our babysitter plays along. Wanted to go for a swim today but Joel is coughing so we are just staying home today. Probably better that way. And I have about 10 books to cover as well, will start them after lunch. LOVE covering books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Crawdaddys! Yeah on the first date for the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails