Monday, March 12, 2012

{Create} fabric tape clothespeg clips

I went to Pep Stores the other day and saw they have the most adorable clothespegs.

Slightly shorter than regular ones but the same width.

Only R6,99 for 24 (less than a dollar).

I took a packet and decided to play with some of my fabric tape.


Supplies
clothes pegs
fabric tape (I bought the two used for this project at Scrapadoodles)
scissors









How to make them
  1. I found that the quickest and easiest way to make them was to leave the pegs clipped to the little cardboard in the package but space them so they're about 2cm (1 inch) apart.
  2. Measure (by measure I mean "eyeball) the length of tape you need against one peg and cut.
  3. I then cut them all, one for each side using the first piece of tape as my template.
  4. Peel off the backing and carefully stick to the peg (especially if, like me, you can't see in a straight line!)
  5. Turn the peg on its side and carefully snip off any excess tape. 
  6. I lined up the tape with one side of the peg so I only had to trim the ends off the other side.
  7. The longest part of the whole process was peeling the backing off the adhesive side of the tape.


They are VERY satisfying to make because it's such a quick craft that before long, you have a whole load of beautiful clips.

Ideas for using them
  • for categorising paper (red for action, pink for fun, etc)
  • for gifts (package 4 together in a cellophane bag and tie with a satin ribbon)
  • for keeping family members' paper separate (one colour per person)
  • keeping bags of chips/ peanuts closed

How would you use these clips?

PS Linking up to all these wonderful parties
PPS I think I'm addicted to making these because I made another 3 sets yesterday!

6 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful, Marcia! I love the thought of them together in cellophane as a little "happy" for friends...so cute and functional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could put magnets on the back and stick them on the fridge for safe keeping or to hang pictures and coupons! I know my fridge is cluttered and the cuteness might help to mask that!

    I now want to rip down my clothes pin art display in the playroom and pretty up my pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the last idea because I can use that in my home. To keep bags of food closed. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I did something similar a few months ago using washi tape. I'm thinking that the fabric tape give a nicer finish though. It's LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I have a project that I need to blog that involves clothespins too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails