Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lovely surprises in the mail!

This post is so long overdue I had yet another happy envelope from MandyE after these two.

I won't show you pics of that one as it contained lots of lovely address labels and I know I shouldn't plaster my address all over the internet :)

Here's the story with the first parcel.

Mandy wrote to me and asked me very nicely if I'd received anything in the mail.

I hadn't.

BTW, if you ever send me something, you only have to wait a few hours (at most) before hearing from me because I will say thank you immediately. I must confess that when Kendra was in the hospital it took me about 2 - 3 days to get through my thank-you emails.

Turns out her girls sent my kids a birthday present last year in June.

It never arrived but instead got back to her about 4 - 5 months later.

We love it - 4 lovely books - and the girls made them cards too.







And then I got another package in the mail. I swear the girls in the office are jealous.

A most gorgeous pic, a holiday card in time for Valentine's Day :) and such a special bookmark.

How cute are my words of the year from last year and this year?! LOVE!!!

Mandy wasn't sure if I still use bookmarks because of the Kindle but YES, I do - I still have 3 shelves of books, 1 of those completely unread :)

I love my bookmark and all our lovely gifts.

When did you last get a lovely surprise in the mail?

PS the kids have been going through this annoying stage where they don't want to "perform" for me anymore - no more entertaining me with the camera (you saw the other pics last week with their hands over their eyes...) or saying nicely "thank you for the books" on video. I'm working on it, Mandy :)

6 comments:

  1. Awww....that is very special. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...when N sees me whipping out the camera she says, "NEE!Ek wil nie smile nie!"

    My last nice surprise in the mail was from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. That is so sweet!

    So what is the hold up with things going from us to you? Is it customs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I opened a package a couple of days ago (the felt play food I'd ordered), and I almost *squealed* -- and thought of you, of course!

    And...the last surprise I got in the mail was from you for my birthday! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bookmark sticking out of my Bible bearing a striking resemblance to yours with my word of the year on it---Be :)

    Surprises in the mail are such blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise! A blogging buddy sent a really special surprise last year which was so cool :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails