Friday, March 02, 2012

Hello Autumn!


As you know my word of the year is CREATE.

I've been trying to create one night of vegging time a week (this is HUGE for me - I'm not a vegging around kind of girl).

This is my time to potter around, catch up on blog reading, especially in my inspiration folder, download pics, etc.

And of course, create some fun family experiences. Like chasing the kids around the house and letting them chase me too.

These are my March goals.



Spiritual
  1. Read my devotional every single day.
  2. Continue to listen to worship CDs in the car on the way to work. (has been working so great the last 2 months)

Family 
  1. Have two dates with D
  2. Speak to our parents about possibly babysitting while we go on holiday together to the US. This is a subject for a PYHO :)
  3. Do one fun thing with the kids - the zoo? Lifestyle?
  4. Get the kids' room sorted. Beds should arrive by the middle of March. Eek. All I have are two duvet covers, no sheets, nothing :)
  5. Get kids potty trained before it gets cold!

Work
  1. Prepare properly for my big meeting with the new boss. Have my goals, etc. in writing.
  2. Keep focussed on big things that will yield results instead of the littler, easier things.

Business
  1. Decide on dates for US trip, book flights and apply for visa.
  2. Do something new to generate money (this is going to be a monthly goal)
  3. Hound the lady to finish my book cover
  4. Work through second round of edits.
  5. Order a proof copy
  6. Get book Kindle-ised 
Friends
  1. Tea at my house with Natalie
  2. Playdate at Caren's house
  3. Go to church thing with Michelle
  4. Lunch at A's house

Health and fitness
  1. Go to gym with Connor 5 times
  2. Work out with Kristy 8 times 
  3. Cut out caffeine for two weeks and see if it continues to make a difference, weight-wise. Thereafter allow only one decent (full of caffeine) cup of tea a day.
  4. Get 7 hours of sleep daily, once consistent for a week, increase to 7.5 hours.

Personal
  1. Read 5 books, one of them non-fiction. 
  2. Do 5 random acts of kindness, one of them photos for C
  3. Make budget for US trip and try not to freak out too much.
  4. Get Brazilian done

Creating
  1. Feb month in review page in mini scrapbook
  2. Play some more with that zoom lens. Oy. I promised my new blog friend, Janmary from IRELAND (yes! one day I'm going to get brave and skype with you just to hear that gorgeous accent), that I'll put a photo walk on my March goals list and here it is. Walk around my campus at work. It is stunning and take TONS of pics with the big lens. Of course, everybody is going to point and stare but I'll just have to pretend it's normal for a staff member to walk around with a big camera.
  3. Make some cards and decorate with my envelope punch. Any other ideas to use this thing otherwise I'll have to sell it???
  4. Make some thank-you cards
  5. Do a canvas craft from my Pinterest board
  6. Bake/ cook two new things
I tell my newsletter people to only do 3 goals if you're not into it yet. 3 is nothing - e.g have date with hubby, organise photos and tidy wardrobe - but over the year that's 36 things you actually got done



Have you set some goals for March? Link up.

5 comments:

  1. Will do a goals post this weekend. Am actually busy with a canvas craft at the moment. It's turning out BEAUTIFULLY, even if I must say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be more organised and then I read this and freak out because I can never get that organised;-) On Tuesday morning I woke up at 3 o'clock and my mind was going a 1000 miles a hour, so I got up and made a "to do list" to get my mind at rest. Sad to say...today is Friday and most of my "to do's" are still just that. When did my life become so hectic and how am I going to get it under control?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your March goals! So glad to see you agree with me that it's autumn. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is SUCH a good idea! I love that you set different types of goals.

    ALSO: totally unrelated, I had a baby born at 32 weeks too. :) Thanks for linking up to Peonies and Poppyseeds! It's great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I lve your goals. And we need to make a plan to get together too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails