Friday, December 14, 2012

And so the craziness starts - half year birthday time!


So I'm torn.

Should I have a half year birthday party for the kids or not?

On the one hand I'm feeling a bit worn out but on the other hand I know how this kind of thing energises me and really, it's two hours, right?


So I had myself a little focus group of two - K & C.

Me Kendra and Connor, do you want to have a party when you turn 3.5?

Them YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they shouted as if I just announced, "chocolates for all"

Me Okayyyy. Who should we invite?

They started with the grannies but I put a quick stop to that.

And then they proceeded to name every kid we know.

I said to them, "babies, this is not your REAL party, just a LITTLE one" but they were not to be deterred.

I'm still undecided, strangely, but this morning I wasted some time on my beloved etsy looking at all the party kits.

OH MY!

(BTW there's an app for etsy but I was strong - I resisted)

My question for you is really, am I mad? And how would you decide on a few kids?
I'm not up for full-on party stuff, only like 6 kids. It is a half-year party after all :)

11 comments:

  1. I think it's great for a social type of party for them. 6 kids are a great number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would help me - in my mind - if I called it a "play date" instead of a party. ;) Less pressure...just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just do it! A few kids = the ones whose parents I most want to hang out with because it's time for a catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, call it a playdate and invite kids whose parents you like best LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Party, gosh do you really want that stress? Glorified play date- why not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Party!!! Let's just say I agree with the first part of your question to a teeny tiny extent. A play-date, yes, aside from being less stressful and less pressure, no one would get upset for not being invited to the kids' party. And the kids have fun with a few friends. Everyone is happy. WIN WIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I barely handle 4 parties a year - 8 would be .... unfathomable. LOL

    But if you love the party thing (I know I do!) and you want to do something fun - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I struggled just to keep up with the annual birthdays...never mind half years;-) You are a sucker for punishment my darling friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I like Julia's suggestion! Up until 2 years ago I would let the kids choose a set number of friends and then I would choose "my" friends so I would have people to chat to - they have both stopped that now though :-/

    Yours are still small and would be happy with just having kids over so you choose 6 kids/adults you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no way I could do a half-year party too! Took me two days to recover from the full year one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ümraniyedeki sex shop ve erotik shop sektöründe faaliyet gösteren firmamızda
    bütün sex shop, Sex Market, erotik market, ve sex ürünlerini, Geciktirici ürün markalarını şişme bebek
    ile Vibratör çeşitlerini bulabilir ve kapıda ödeme seçeneği ile alıp teslimatta nakit yada kredi kartınızla ödeyebilirsiniz
    İstanbul içi 7/24 motokurye hizmetimiz vardır.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails