Sunday, January 13, 2013

3.5 year old twins + no nap = knackered parents

Don't forget to go link up your faces :)

$This is going to be really quick because I'm sooo tired and yet I still have to pack all my stuff for our holiday.

  • Babies - done
  • Kitchen - done (guess what the most important things are on my list), including three meals for while we're down there. Yessss.
  • D - done 
  • Marcia - on computer :) 

I had high hopes of finishing all my photos from Friday but I'm way too tired now. However I got some GREAT ones that I'm really happy with.

Also, Joburg CBD, you are BEAUTIFUL! I stopped working in the CBD 13 years ago and in those days, it wasn't quite as clean and gorgeous as it is now.

start of photowalk in the city on Friday (this is not a great shot, obviously, but I love pointing fingers)

Moving on.

We went to visit this lovely blogger and her family at their home yesterday.

It was so lovely to see her in her natural surroundings (does that make sense?) and meet the husband and kids. I really liked chatting to her and her husband. Her kids were perfectly lovely, and even though there was an age gap, they played beautifully with my two who told me they wanted to sleep over!

My kids couldn't get used to the Afrikaans names so they kept saying, "the girl" and "the boy" :)

Thanks again, M, for your lovely hospitality and tell your kids again thank you for playing so nicely with K and C.

The husband of one set of our Afrikaans friends is very "correct" and I once overheard him saying to another set of Afrikaans friends at the end of the evening, "dankie vir jou gasvryheid" which I LOVE and so D and I say so now and again :) M and her hubs must have been laughing inside at the accent!


The kids weren't naughty today but were in top, three-year-old form. I have to remind myself that it's a GOOD problem to have lively, energetic, talkative kids....even if they refused to go sleep.

So I'm off to pack now.

I'm so looking forward to reading in the car, at the beach, at the apartment, etc. And taking lots of pics.

By the way, that photographer is ignoring my emails. I'm going to phone her up tomorrow and find out once and for all if she can do us or not.

I'm not really keen on anyone else's work that I've seen and I would rather have nothing than those super soft-focus shoots.... (am I fussy?!)

I've packed "blue-ish/ neutral" clothes like this, just in case.

pic taken on New Year's Day at MIL's house
So how's your weekend been?
What are you looking forward to this week?

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekend was lovely and this week I look forward to school starting so I can get routine back in my life. And in the life of Child2. Have banking business and setting up of a few Dr's appointments on the to-do list for this week. And filing of ALL my music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps...enjoy your break! I think I missed the bit about another photoshoot? Hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick up a tripod and set a timer! At the very least you'll have something without too much output. I had mine sitting on a folded up jacket when we took our family picture this fall. But above all else, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break...the idea of lying and reading sounds like heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for holidays without the rest of SA :)))

    Our weekend was good - I managed to get half of my wedding invites 95% done - just need to add beads to each one and then I am done with half!

    Yesterday we just chilled - it was nice!!

    This week Moms and Tots starts again - I am looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your holiday Marcia, say hi to Ballito for me and go have some waffles at that Milk cafe if you can! ;-)

    I'm looking forward to seeing your photos from Friday when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do enjoy your holiday to the fullest! Can not wait for all the lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that you all had a ball with us all. My kids could not stop speaking about the great time they had with your children. We should really do this again in the future. Me and D loved your company. And, we were super impressed with your hubby saying that in Afrikaans. My hubby even told my parents how cool that was, on Sunday.
    Enjoy the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad your "date" with M and family worked out so well...I saw the photos;-) There is some beautiful sayings in Afrikaans that just cannot be translated. Take care and enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "dankie vir jou gasvryheid" ??? Translation please! Dankie LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:12 am

    Enjoy your holiday!

    Heather (in Scotland)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw this post now. I hope you can organize your photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the photos - looks like fun was had!

    Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails