Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I got a new job!

Well, peeps, I'm kind-of still in shock that all the networking, maneuvering and corporate shenanigans whatnot has resulted in a positive result for a change.

I have a new job!!!!!

 

With a nice salary increase (3 of them in less than 6 months means I am happy happy happy).

I did joke with the current and future boss earlier.... from the frying pan into the fire.... which is not totally untrue. It is going to be intense and I'm going to be stretched but it will be nice to use my brain for a change :0 (well, because this is something I know ZIP about).

As you can see, I start on 1 April technically but I actually start working there on 8 April and current boss gave me a talk earlier about finishing EVERYTHING on my plate by then.

And there is a lot.

So I'm using this afternoon to map out the next two weeks and I'm going to work flat out.

I'm consoling myself by saying they are paying me a lot of money (in my view - maybe not in some of your views) so it's not unreasonable to expect a lot from me!

Thank you for all the lovely emails (Julia, Funso, I may have missed one more) - I appreciate them SO VERY MUCH!

Hopefully will blog again tonight but for now, I need to get some stuff out in the next 20 minutes as I have meetings...............

How's your week been going?

PS due to the tax relief, I have an extra little amount in this month's salary which I told D and now I'm telling you for accountability that I'm using to sponsor a second World Vision child. Okay.

How are you using your extra little bit of money, if you're South African?

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so glad to see it all worked out, and I KNOW you'll be fantastic at the new job.

    Things have been a little crazy around here, and I'm WAY behind on blog reading, but when I saw the title of your post, I had to come check it out! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!!!! Congratulations, lady!!!!! Gotta love a wonderful, new, exciting challenge! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thrilled for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you! Yay!
    In other news, I have a quit date in mind and I've christened the new dishwasher finally! That's my week so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Marcia!!! I am so happy for you!

    I have thrown this out a time or two, but I just feel it so deeply, I want to say it again now. You are such a talented, passionate person...you deserve to be in a role where you can really display those talents. I hope this is a wonderful move for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:10 am

    Congratulations! I hope that the new position will be challenging enough to sink your teeth into and fulfilling enough to make you feel like every day doing it was a day well spent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Fantastic news!!
    (As a stay at home mom I seem always to be in debt, so I just don't have extra money... but I like staying at home with babes for now)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOHOO!! Congrats! So awesome!!!!!!

    Any and all money is going to the wedding now. But all income I get which is classed as "extra" pays for Kiara's therapy and Cameron's extra sports lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley8:09 pm

    Congratulations Marcia! I know you will be fantastic in your new job. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big congratulations.....woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big, big congrats to you with getting this new job. New adventures await you.
    P.S: Trying to sent you an email and got a message that it failed to deliver to your iburst account.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:35 am

    Congrats on the new job! Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:48 pm

    Congratulations on the new job. And good for you on using your extra money to sponsor another child with World Vision.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations...well done....I hope you are going to be very happy.

    Extra money? What extra money? We work for love and charity ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:53 pm

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! See that faith paid off :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails