Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thoughts on a Sunday night/ gifts for kids

flowers at Irene Market

First off, I'm behind with blog reading a bit because I had one day out of the office on Wed and then a full day of meetings on Thurs (I think I had maybe 1 hour at my desk, if that).

This is a sign of things to come as the new job (which I don't have... YET :)) is very project-based and will involve a month or two on a project (i.e. not at desk) and then about 2 - 3 weeks office-based.

So it's going to be interesting.

Because I do like being caught up :)

However, the decluttering has helped because I don't feel like I neglected people that engage with me.

Nevertheless there are still 50 posts in my Google Reader.



Moving along...

I've been super productive this weekend - organised the fridge, freezer, D's desk (that was like 3 areas rolled up into 1), Kendra's hair things, school "art" and my desk.

I was also super inspired by Cat's post about parties and party gifts. Isn't it cool that she was also thinking about twins going to separate parties when I wrote that class parties blog?

About the party gifts, this is what I commented on her post (lightly edited):
I buy all the stuff when I see them on special but sometimes they don't quite "go" together. Like I have 10 colouring books, only 2 packs of crayons, etc. so I ended up sometimes running out and having to get some more stuff anyway.

So this afternoon I unpacked ALL the gift stuff and made present piles. I have 5 boy presents ready, 2 sets of twins presents and 4 girl presents. I feel awesome!!!!

What are your go-to gifts for the 3 - 4-year-old crowd?

Louisa, these bird cages are rather fetching :)

We also had a really busy weekend yesterday with fridges arriving and whatnot (new-to-us, not new) and then us dashing off to Irene to the market with friends, and then to their new house. More on that in about 3 months' time (!) in a proper post with pics.

As we're talking in the car, Kendra says, "are we seeing Aunty J and Uncle P at their house?"

D says, "yes, Baby, but first we're going to the market. To market, to market..."

K (without missing a beat) to buy a fat pig

We all howled with laughter.

My silly K :)

This week I have nothing planned except my usual coaching calls which means I'm going to have lots of time to do good work on my business. My not-so-secret plan is to have about 15 of my 18 goals done by June so I can coast.... let's see how that works for me :)

What are your priorities for the week?

10 comments:

  1. As much as possible, I try to give more experience-oriented gifts...art supplies and games are my go-to's. I don't actually have a gift closet, though! I don't do all that many gifts, generally, so I like to buy for the specific person...it makes me happy. :)

    That's so funny about K's to market, to market...I'd have to look it up, but I am 100% certain I have that as one of my "fab" notes from a while back...one of our girls did the exact same thing! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books - if there are kids who are a totally different age to mine I buy books - they are a pretty fail safe gift and really who has too many books :)

    Cameron's friends are at the "money" stage now which to me is a little depressing - Kiara's friends are very crafty so we have fun shopping for them!

    I LOVE those bird cages! Do you remember how much they were? I have enough for the wedding but if they are reasonable I may get a few for in case!!

    PS - the girls at the wedding will be decorating notebooks as their little activity to keep them busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet of K and buying a big fat pig - hie hie hie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mwahaha...we may or may not already have a little bird cage full of bath goodies as a separate gift that nicola can give to my mom herself. It's not pink, but she picked it and filled with pink things so it'll have to do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:20 pm

    My goals are to catch up on work missed whilst I was in CT last week, to BLOG and to survive Kade's first week at pre-school.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that market and yeah on a productive weekend. My week, sigh - survival at most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gifts for kids of all ages = books.

    However, if I have am extremely fond of the kid/s in question then I may actually spend more money and have something personalised for them.
    This week I have sessions with Joel's therapists, we have to catch up all of Joshua's Maths because he lost his book (am still seething about that btw) and I have to sit with money stuff that I'm in denial about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley9:29 pm

    I would either buy play-dough and cutters or books.

    One of my goals for the month was to have a baking day with a lady i know who is a great baker. She is coming on Thursday : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the pics of the market. I have never been there, I want to go sometime though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were in my neck of the wood!!! And I should make plans to go to that market, always plan to but I always end up missing it!!!!


    K is so sweet and very funny! So did you get a fat pig (wonder where that came from)


    My go to gift for the 3-4 year age group is usually books, educational toys or clothes (depends on if I have an idea of what they like), thanks to you I now know not to buy battery operated gifts or noise making gifts for that age group or anyone younger.

    Any news on the job?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails