Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm a total heat wuss

We went to the Pretoria Zoo yesterday and while it was lots of fun (LOTS! tons of pics to follow when I download the 500 I took), it was so hot!


How did I cope in the USA last year?!

Mandy's family gave the twins some money via Paypal (don't you love Paypal?) for an experience gift so I thought a visit to the Pretoria Zoo would be perfect for that. Thanks again, Mandy!

There were such a lot of fun things for the kids to do there.


I think we stayed about an hour too long because I felt my heat headache coming on around 3.30 and we only left after 4:30. Took a Panado, slept on the way home, fumbled through supper with the kids and then took another Panado (all the time drinking TONS of water) and I was in bed at 7 and slept til 7 this morning.

I had the good sense to cancel my two coaching appointments because I would have been USELESS.

I also had the good sense to take today off from work. Are there any South Africans working besides my boss?


So how was your public holiday/ Thursday?

PS another two things crossed off my 38 things list - zoo and the new job
PPS these are all iphone pics

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 am

    It's been the strangest weather here lately. Really nippy in the mornings and blazing hot in the afternoons! Perfect weather for getting sick if you ask me.

    I am.unfortunately working today... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those who are working. I need to save my leave for my workshops and exam dates in May and June.
    I'm glad you all had lots of fun. Yes, those heat headaches aren't fun and when living in PTA, they are regular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you went to the zoo...and I' SO, SO glad you had FUN!!!

    Sorry you're not feeling well, but I'm very glad you're taking care of yourself and taking the day off to feel better. :)

    Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you post that pic and thought "I wasn't even that hot today" :)))

    BUT I also battle when I over heat - I get so miserable!!

    David is working today - he was away Mon and Tues and off sick on wednesday so had to go in today.

    We had a lovely day - I found a lovely spot for us to meet up with kids and took lots of photos (very bummed that some came out blurry - no idea what I did wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I love the zoo, but never been to the Pretoria zoo because of the heat, I think even in winter now we will overheat here, just not used to this. I work in Pretoria and live in Johannesburg so my poor body temp battle to keep up ;-)

    I'm one of those who's working today, but its ok, saving my leave for the big move coming up ;-)

    Hope your headache is better?

    Love the photo, you can see K is such a daddy's girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a heat wuss too...and here in Alabama, that can be a problem!!! : ) I get the heat headache also, and it STINKS.

    But yay for the day off and crossing things off the list!

    We are supposed to be enjoying our approximately two weeks of spring-like weather here (I kid, sometimes the mild temperatures last a month or so...), but it's so cold today that SNOW flurries were predicted. Ughhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30C=86F = Marcia's a big wuss! How did you survive here?? Kidding, I'm the same way but mostly because I forget to drink. Is humidity that really does me in.

    Glad you guys enjoyed. Sorry it wasn't more personalized! I can't wait to see pics.

    I'm just waiting for springtime. I get a good month and a half before it gets hot and for now the snow can't seem to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a neighbourhood watch meeting set on the public holiday...and other than that I just chilled with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is Pretoria for you! And we love the zoo - I am wondering if you knew the black mamba escaped before you went?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails