Saturday, March 30, 2013

{Project Life} Feb pages and how this is working for me so far

Here are the January pages if you missed that post.

I did a month in review for 2011 and 2012 and I realised early this month that I'm really missing seeing the whole month at a glance instead of a random pic.

Now that I write that, it seems a bit mad but it makes perfect sense to me...

 

Anyway, so I wondered how I could still have my month in review without doing a whole separate mini book.

I could use one of the 10 X 15 slots but then I'd lose a photo.

So instead I decided to use a 10 X 15 journal card, write down my monthly highlights as I used to do and "hide" it behind the first pic of the month.

Now nobody (except a few hundred of my new best friends) knows it's there, I still have my old-style lists and the album still looks balanced :)

Other than that, Project Life is going well.



I love that it literally takes me 5 minutes to put all the pics and little cards in place and another 5 minutes to write a few things here and there.

As I'm "editing" I star any pics I really love so at the end of the month, I just "view starred photos" and then choose the 6 - 8 I want for the month.

Copy them to a flash drive, plug that into my photo printer, and set to print all.

The printer is quite slow for someone like me so I leave it printing and go make some tea, take a loo break, tidy the study, etc.

Still, is a really easy process.

So much so I've stopped reading so many Project Life blogs - I've found what works for me and I have no PL comparison envy whatsoever.

 

And yes, I realised that I forgot to take pics before I did the journalling. Right now I realised I could have put blank cards over and quickly taken pics but I'm a bit slow in the head, it's been a long, really hard week :)

Never fear... I'll do it properly next time.



Are you recording memories this year in a physical format?

How are you doing? Are you keeping up?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful- love that last page especially. So you are doing 4 pages per month? Love it. I am still keeping up but forgot to photograph the last two weeks and show them. Finding the two pages per week really works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start making collage pictures, I feel like I'm missing too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PL is beautiful Marcia...I love seeing the snippets of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your PL is beautiful! I so wish I had the attention span for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love everything about your books, Marcia! :)

    I read this when you posted it (yesterday?) and I could not manage to type this...I went to order my Q3 book, and all the pictures have disappeared!!! I will call them tomorrow...hoping there's a back-up copy saved somewhere, but I am SICK! :/ To be continued...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome! Is that an official PL folder?

    I am slowly catching up on my scrapbooking :) I am being more purposeful about printing pictures for specific pages - that way it gets done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails