Monday, February 10, 2014

{Project 25 recipes} Salted apple and cucumber salad


We went to The Wo.lf Pa.ck as a team early in Jan.

It's a burger place (DIVINE!) and you can choose any sides to go with your burger.

(I had a bacon and avo burger, with a salty apple and cucumber salad side).

Well, it was delicious and refreshing!

And it felt healthy and different.

So I recreated it when we were in Ballito.

Chop up about equal amounts of cucumber and Granny Smith apples. I did one towards the end of the holiday with Golden Delicious apples - don't bother.... it's got to be nice and tart for the flavours to combine properly.

The bowl pictured above is very deep so I could do enough for all of us in the one bowl.

I added a spice called smoky barbeque spice (found at Pick and Pay - you all know of my deep and abiding love for P&P) (but plain old salt and pepper will do just nicely) and two tablespoons of ... again, P&P's Greek vinaigrette.

DELICIOUS!

I had this salad probably 8 of our 10 days there.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Have you made anything new for the year? Please share in the comments.

This is recipe number two for this year. Here's number one.

7 comments:

  1. I love simple salads...am going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely trying this. Always looking for nice and easy salad recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will definitely try it. I made the 30 minute bread rolls on Friday; it took longer than 30 minutes but I will definitely making it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting kind of salad. I bet my family will like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yummy, definitely going to try it

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTALLY going to try this. I love tart-y anything.. my mouth is actually watering as I write this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to try this. Without salt. And bacon and avo is my FAVOURITE burger to order. I have NOT made anything new for the year. Actually I put mushrooms on the braai the other day. Does that count? It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails