Saturday, February 15, 2014

I'm getting very worried

I didn't tell you but I interviewed for a position (the one I was short listed for from December ) last Tuesday.

They told me I'd have an answer by last Friday.

Followed up and they hadn't made a decision yet.



After chatting to Beth on Thursday night, I emailed on Friday to chase up and....

Then only did she tell me my application was unsuccessful. On the bright side, the reasons given were things that the job spec didn't highlight as super critical but i f those are such a crucial part (data analytics - ugh) then I'm happy I didn't get it.

I will respond to that mail next week to ask if the idea of the job shifted after the spec was issued but it's over.

Seriously, I'm worried. Am I ever going to get something else EVER again that suits me????

I sent a mail to another manager to first chat about another position that's available before I apply...

How was your Friday???



 This was my office in PTA :) and the lovely people!!!

10 comments:

  1. I know this feeling well. I went for so many interviews trying to get out of the bank that eventually I just started applying for jobs I wasn't really qualified for because I wasn't getting the ones I was qualified for anyway.

    Just keep at it my friend - the right thing is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend. I'm so sorry but I AM also relieved that you didn't get another job that would very possibly have been wrong for you. The right job for you WILL come. Keep the faith, TRUST and hang in there. You are going to SHINE. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating!
    You obviously wouldn't have been able to SHINE in that position, so that just means the perfect one is in the wings. Fingers crossed it presents itself to you asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you found out it was not your cup of tea before you got into it. Hang in there Marcia, the right one will come around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just glad that you did not get something that might be less of a fit for you. And glad you enjoyed Pretoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust God that the right job will come at the right time.,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you didn't get a job that sounds like it wasn't what you needed again.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcia, don't you think it's time to swift over to something completely different? Get out of the industry you are now, do something completely different? I think that it's time for change for you ... something that makes or going to make you happy. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If God closes one door He will open one that He wants you to go through. Keep holding onto your hope my friend. I know that God has good things in store for you...just shine on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still trusting God for you, lady. Imagine getting stuck in a job that you were not suited for, thank God that door closed! And don't be worried.. "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" Matt 6v27

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails