Friday, February 07, 2014

{Friendship Friday} 4 and a half

For the last two years I've gone low-key with the half birthdays. 
 

I still like to mark the occasion but I've only invited the other twins. Last year there were three sets plus husbands so it was great!

This year Caren was still on holiday and I decided that it was exactly how it was meant to be.

And it was.

 Roz and the girls were over and we all had a lovely time. These 4 always play together really nicely - maybe because Connor and E, and Kendra and H are of similar temperaments.
 

I don't know what it is, but we're not arguing about it. We just like that they get on so we can talk :)
 








at one point all their legs were up on the chairs but of course, in trying to re-create it, it was a huge flop.






"hug your sister"

the half cake

Roz says her favourite photo of us! That's a new dress. I haven't bought dresses for 5 years and I now have two - this one and one with orange stripes.
Do you know what this means?

Only 5 months to plan think about their party!

I'm not even joking.

I already know the theme and we are definitely having it at home. I don't care if my house is a mess. I'll get Nanny S in and pay her the overtime, and it will still be a fraction of the venue cost not to mention the main thing - I can set up days before to my heart's content!

It's going to be easy because this year I'm acknowledging that I have winter babies and actually doing an inside party.

How far in advance do you start party planning?

6 comments:

  1. I love love K's dress! I can't believe you have a theme picked already- but then again you are the organizing queen :)
    Your photos make me long for nice weather... I'm so over winter and bundling up kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start planning now! I get an idea of what the big kids want in terms of themes and activities and decide on a theme for Jack. The older two have birthdays in/near the holidays so I do need to figure dates out for their parties now.

    Kiara's is first - she already has an idea of what she wants (its rather elaborate right now) and a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I have summer babies, we just take a trip. My issue this year encouraging them to try someplace different. I've been doting on this since last year, but for us this is the last "innocent" year - before they are corrupted by the other children when they start school. I expect the holidays and birthday will start to have expectations that have been heavily influenced by outside sources next year, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...so cute! I usually start planning 4 months in advance and booking what I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute photos. It is precious that the sets of twins grow up together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh. I am a terrible party planner. I do it maybe 3 weeks before the time! These are really nice shots of the kids. Love the half cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails