Sunday, September 28, 2014

Around here... some horrible books

So the massage place sent me one of those automated feedback forms and I gave my feedback... nicely but I was very clear.

The next morning I happened to look at the pants I was wearing and they had huge oil splotches everywhere, probably from being pushed into that bed with dirty sheets.

Anyway, we'll see if anybody bothers to respond.
 

{beautiful view top left}

Yesterday we went to the most fabulous party ever. OH MY GOSH, a kids' and big person's heaven! And it wasn't even a venue, it was a private home.

I will write about it some more when I post the photos because they are AMAZING. The views, not necessarily my photos.

I said before that Old Company (OC) had the best views in all of Joburg; well, my God has come through for me because these ones are just as amazing and I'm so taking her up on popping over anytime for photos or reading :)

And not much makes me have house envy but this house did.

"Why do we have to live in a boring flat house?" One with views of.... the house across the street. :)



Also, look at those 67 steps going up to our new building...... which we move into on Friday.... I was POOPED going up and down in the midday heat. I guess I'm staying put during summer and seriously there's no lift or anything. Apparently the owners don't want visitors :) because it feels very visitor-unfriendly to me. I dread to think what's going to happen when the lifts from the parking basement don't work - up 8 or 9 flights with a rolling laptop bag................

D was very helpful with his advice: "keep deodorant in your bag".

The other views are from our divisional MD's office and the open plan section. Alas, my desk doesn't overlook that view.


Also, if you're a fan of Ce.celia's, don't get that book. I felt it was really not worth it at all. I read another terrible one just before that one - also terrible (check my goodreads!). Today I finished one slightly better but nothing to write home about. Here's hoping to FABULOUS reads in October. Sam, I'm starting your birthday book right after I hit publish on this post :)

And last but not least, my 31 days of enough time is all planned out. Til I change the topics on the spur of the moment as I do :)

Please follow along in October on the Organising Blog.

Now what's been going on in your world?
Read any good books lately? ;) (SERIOUSLY!!!!)

7 comments:

  1. I have actually started a list for the 31 day thing - I suck at these challenges so I have set a goal - if I can come up with 31 topics then I will do it - I am on 12 :)

    The stairs will be an awesome way to get to your 10000 steps - I use an app on my phone to track my food and now steps - its not as accurate as the fitbit but I can't get to more than 5000 (and that was yesterday because of the triathalon - so I was walking a lot)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should write more! It's not the exercise but all the other things - the sweating.... the lugging laptop case..... the sore feet...

      Here's to the next 19 - eek!

      Delete
    2. PS yesterday I didn't even make it to 4000 steps because I was sitting in church, and then reading.... and then sitting at the computer. Result = to-do list 95% done but no steps.

      Delete
  2. Oh now I know exactly where your office is! And I love her books in general - will skip this one. Seem to me you need a bookclub with good books? I totally loved "The woman who stayed in bed for a year " recently. And I take it you have read "The fault in our stars", "me before you", "The hundered year old man..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deodorant is one thing I have to buy to take to my new office!!! ;)

    And I have a nasty book post to write, too...I have been surprised by about 4 of the last 10 fiction books I've read that have some kind of underlying "twin" theme. And it's usually not pleasant. There should be a warning label for multiple mamas! Seriously!!! I don't want to read that garbage!!! Perhaps that's what I get for shopping the bargain bin (but I love the thrill of the hunt!). ;)

    Can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh. You're going to be so fit with all that stair climbing! Have never read a Cecelia book. Am about to start The Fault in our stars. No 31 days here. I can't come up with a topic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went for a charity event a few weeks and I developed garden envy! Gosh I was shocked to find out it was a private house ... Love love love! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    67 stairs down would be fun but up . I wouldn't want to have to do that everyday.

    What is 31 days ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails