Monday, September 08, 2014

First days


I had a good first day, as first days go. I got email, printer and access cards set up and met the whole team.

As I said to my one friend a few minutes ago, everyone seems nice and the environment is really nice BUT my confidence in my people instincts is shot so I'm being cautiously friendly for now.

Which is just sensible, you'll agree!


In other news, I deleted my old company email account from my iphone today forgetting that I had TONS of contacts there and they're all gone. So for a few weeks, if you sms/ whatsupp me, please just put your name at the end so I can add you!! I've picked up some from the content of existing SMS..... but let's face it, after 9 years with one company, most of the people I know I've emailed and contacted from that account. You only need to do it once - I'm quite efficient ;)



The kids were fine when we got home but Connor asked me to phone them tomorrow during the afternoon which I will happily do for the boy who hates the phone!!!

I planned menus for two weeks and most of that food is already cooked, so I'm SUPER prepared in terms of suppers but let's see how long I can keep it all up.

How was your Monday?
Do you menu plan?

12 comments:

  1. Glad it went well. Hope it's the start of many good days to come. You deserve all the very best.

    Monday was good , K turns 1 in 8 weeks imagine! And I did some photo organization - almost up to date with my weekly and monthly K photos -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a great first day!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's going well so far...
    I don't menu plan as such. Top drawer is quick things like crumbed chicken or fish, hamburger patties and such. Second drawer is frozen veg. Third drawer is proper meat, not in a box. Monday is top drawer front and left on second drawer (replace bag on right so everything moves over one). Tuesday is front bottom drawer and left on second drawer...and so it goes. ;-) If I have premade dishes, they go in the top drawer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your crazy (to me) system! It sounds like it works a treat!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are all set up and it looks good.
    I find that menu planning works very well in our family. It has sort of fallen apart a little, when I need it most, but one learns to be adaptable and have quick make foods on hand too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good so far my friend - did you get my sms? Thought about you yesterday morning. (I also have my love frame in my office) I cook meals over the weekends and then pop in the freezer. So the night before I will decide from my ist on the fridge what to take out and scratch out on the list. And so it goes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds similar to what I do... but I do mine on a weekly basis. I cook when the freezer has only 1 - 2 pre-cooked meals :)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:07 am

    Glad it went well :) Well this was the first week we ever cooked all weekend so that we didn't have to cook in the week. It wen't well but I don't know that I have that kind of time every weekend to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far so good :) hope you'll be happy there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it went well :)

    I sort of meal plan. I plan the meats for the month so that I know what to buy but then sort of decide on a monday what meals to make depending on our week looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do meal plan. But I do need to get back into batch cooking. My Monday was not so nice. I was tired and ratty and running around at the last minute for a birthday cake and gift for Joel - VERY bad planning on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to hear that your first day was good. This company sounds like they are on the ball. I hope the Sandton traffic was not too stressful and time consuming?

    I wish I could be organized like you with meals in the freezer. That's one area that needs work in my kitchen. The main problem is that A does most of the cooking and he doesn't like cooking on weekends, he likes to relax. But we need to sort this out I think....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails