Sunday, September 21, 2014

Lickety-split



I had a nap both yesterday and today.

Napping in and of itself is not a bad thing... but it's a bad thing for me. I didn't do any of the things I intended to do today so I had to pack my lunch while cooking and I still haven't packed my work bag or chosen clothes.

On the bright side, Wednesday is a public holiday - yay!



My Ballito photos are finally all done and chosen for printing so that is super great, because I felt like I haven't been able to move onto September with August still outstanding.

I'm sure some of you can relate.
 

So this nap.

I fell asleep with my arm around Connor but he didn't fall asleep.

C: Mummy, I heard Kendra awake so I went to see what she was doing.

Me: And then you decided to be naughty with her?

C: YES!

(at least he's honest)



They TRASHED the sunroom. TRASHED.

Every single crayon, marker and pencil crayon in the house (and we probably have over 100) was all over the floor, and there were playdough bits everywhere.

The only good thing was that they stayed in that area and didn't mess up the carpeted areas.

D warned me that it was bad.... so after a while, I said to Kendra, "Kendra, can I come look yet?"

K: No, Mummy, you better stay in the room a bit longer.

K's hair being trimmed on the last Thurs of Aug (it's the day MIL visits the kids)
Needless to say, I went to the sunroom, freaked at the vandalism and they whipped that place into shape lickety-split.

And then we carried on doing Pinteresty things.



In other news, my children had their first Ha.ppy Meals today. I'm not really sure how I feel about such a milestone... I like to have a very occasional Caj.un Ch.icken burger (like once a year) but D enjoys McD's Egg Mc.Muffins about once a month. We had minute maid and corn for their sides which is a teensy bit better. Although I LOVE the fries!

And last but not least, we're wearing jerseys!!!! After weeks of 30-degree weather!

What's going on in your part of the world?
I was playing with the 50 mm lens...

5 comments:

  1. I'm starting to try squeeze in one nap every weekend and I must say in loving it. Good thing I can also power nap!

    Interesting milestone. I'm sure it won't be happening soon again. Kids can live on real and healthy food. It's like when people are shocked that I don't give K store bought baby food aside from formula, my take what I can't or won't eat I won't feed it to my child :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why MiL was trimming K's hair then I think I remember she mentioned at your birthday she used to be in fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't really need the jerseys - I think we put hoodies on in the late afternoon.

    I have to laugh at the vandalism - my kids do this daily, they have at least learnt to contain it to the toy room).

    I can't bring myself to buy McD's - thats not to say we don't have take out - I just try avoid the worst of the lot. Cameron would have KFC daily if he could, which really is a crumbed heart attack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha @ you better stay in your room a bit!

    I thought I'd stomped out that stalker situation...*sigh*...apparently not. Work is crazy busy and next week's big reveal should be interesting. At home all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:13 pm

    Oh man, the perils of having a nap while the kids are awake! I did have to chuckle at K's answer to your can I come look question ;-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails