Sunday, October 05, 2014

64 out of 70, and counting

Every year I set a reading goal. This year's goal is to read 70 books, 15 of them non-fiction.

So far I've read 64, with 13 of them being non-fiction.

I actually think I can get to 20 non-fiction this year because it's been a year of good releases (let's not talk about my bookshelf full of physical non-fiction books).

And I'll probably push the goal to 80.



I read this one in a few days and loved it in that very uncomfortable way when you're being challenged.... also, I'm always game for a project.

I wonder if I could do a version of 7? I certainly shop at less than 7 stores already... or do I?

But let me think about this some more and even if it's just me doing something, I may blog about it. I used to join Beth for her annual spending fast in May and I never ever went back to my crazy Exclusive Books spending habits again after I realised just what I was spending every month.

(in those days, about R800 a month...)

Of course, now that's replaced by Amazon. I don't spend as much but my Kindle purchases are absolutely the largest % of my monthly discretionary spend.

This book just made me think A LOT.

Have you read it?

You really should get it!

Because I enjoyed this one so much, I decided to read just non-fiction the rest of October.

These are the other 4 books I'm going to be reading... unless I change my mind. However, they're already bought, downloaded and ready on my Kindle so I'm set up for success.

2. Delancey: A Man, a Woman, a Restaurant, a Marriage 

3. The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful 

(seems to be on special today! $3,99 for SA'ns, so probably $1,99 for the US buyers)

4.
Is everybody hanging out without me? - Mindy Kaling
(I've wanted this book for about 2 - 3 years so I finally just bought it for myself - what a novel concept!)

5.Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have 

 (this one is also on special - it's half the price I paid for it)




What are the next couple of books you plan to read?

3 comments:

  1. Oh you know I struggle with non fiction. So this year, seeing as it holds so many challenges, I am going full out for fiction. Currently busy with The Lost girls of Rome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 am

    I am not a fan of non fiction but I am keen to read "behind the door". My next planned read is the third novel in a series by Nora Roberts when it downloads on my kindle on the 20th October :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually read like crazy and lately I've been in a slump. I have barely read anything over the last couple months. I really never read non-fiction though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails