Friday, April 23, 2010

Travel

D & I on the roof of the Stirling Jail in Scotland


view from the jail - doesn't it look like a storybook?

Where has this month gone?!

My friend, Robynne, emailed me earlier this week to check when we'd be coming to collect the trailer we're borrowing for our holiday.

I said something like, "can we come on the weekend before we leave?"

She said, "you do realise that's THIS weekend?"

!!!

No, I hadn't.

Somehow I thought there was plenty of time to get our holiday organised.

I made a travel list last night for the babies (D and I have our own travel checklists - yes, it's nerdy, but it works) and have given it to Nanny V to start putting things aside.

Looks like the next few days will be busy busy busy.

Let's hope the babies like travel as much as their parents do.



my second meet-up with a blog friend -
Suzanne and I both travelled to SCOTLAND to meet up.
This is Loch Lomond


Stirling, Scotland -
I get such a kick out of this pic - it's 10 pm at night. NIGHT! We're not used to this in SA as it gets dark around 7pm; 8pm in Cape Town

The Forth of Firth - Edinburgh, Scotland
Another thing I get a kick out of - this time for how it sounds
What amazed me is people push their prams across this bridge that looks like a highway (motorway/ freeway)


the famous Wallace Memorial, taken from our B&B's window. Just to show you how uninformed I am... I'll confess that I'd never heard of it before we arrived in Scotland. No, I did not watch Braveheart :)
I must say, I have never, ever been as cold as I was in Scotland. Somehow that cold goes right into your bones. Brrrr.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend - in Clarens if I understand correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yip, Clarens! We're actually only going on Tuesday but lots to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted about vacation today too, but ours is not until next month. I mentioned you in my post too...check it out! : )

    Great pictures-that second one looks like a perfect storybook town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! I just stumbled upon your blog this evening. I have 7.5 month old twin boys, Clayton and Connor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos :)
    I can only imagine how International "cold weather" is worse than ours. Brrr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails