Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome to the party!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010
I was blog hopping and found that there's a blog party happening.

Well, I decided to join right in so welcome to my party :)

Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home.

One of the things I LOVE is when people come visit and they do exactly that - kick off shoes, put their feet up or go into the kitchen and just make themselves tea/ coffee, etc.

Anyway...

I've been married to D for the last 15 years (will be exactly 15 years on 29th), mother of 9-month-old boy/ girl twins, I work a full-time job and run a business part-time, coaching and organising.

Thank goodness for the nanny!

Oh, and I'm in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Still trying to lose the last 2,6 kg of weight I picked up AFTER I reached my pre-pregnancy weight.

Love food (eating a chocolate muffin made by me with home-made plum jam from my friend, C's mom) - that explains the weight...

At parties I usually like to meet lots of people but then I end up talking "properly" to one or two by the time the party's over.

Tell me, what are you like at parties?


***********************


How strange - I actually feel like I've been at a party because I am EXHAUSTED today. Despite sleeping 11 uninterrupted hours.

Yesterday I hosted our Fertility Babies meeting - always GREAT to be around my friends, especially without babies to distract us :)

I learned that the most relaxed mothers don't read baby books and therefore don't know what their kids are supposed to be doing, or not doing!

What a concept! :)

I was a bit busy beforehand with food and whatnot but not so busy that the headache from hell needed to visit me.

It seemed like 15 minutes after the last person left the pounding in my head started.

I don't like taking tablets for just anything so I tried to wait it out... even went for a little sleep but nothing worked.

I felt so terrible I couldn't even eat.

That's how I know I'm not well.

D said he knew I wasn't well because the house was a mess (by my standards) and I wasn't even clearing up :)

I made all the bottles for the evening and went to bed. This time I took two tablets.

K decided to wake THREE times last night and D attended to her each time. Fortunately C slept through!!!

At least this morning when I woke at 7 the headache was gone and I was starving again, completely back to normal.

K met her first boyfriend at church this morning. They crawled toward each other and kissed before either of us could even react. That boy has tried to "steal" her rattle before - they do start young, don't they?

Speaking of Kendra, she's sitting on my lap (the boys are sleeping) and I can smell her stinky nappy so off I go! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey what a beutiful family - I have a 9 month old as well. Stop by to see me - I am your latest follower.

    Party on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELEVEN hours? That'd be, by a long way, the most sleep you've had in the last year or so, huh?

    Go K doing a crawling kiss. That takes some skill and sass - love it :)

    Party style - most like you me thinks.

    15 years w D? That's awesome!! Hope you have something nice planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by for the party!! Hope you are having fun at the UBP!

    Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
    My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:43 am

    It depends on the party and how many people I know.
    Hi, nice to meet you! Great "Party"! Hope your having fun at the UBP, I know I am! Here is my Party Post, come on over and make yourself at home!
    http://www.mrs-marine.com/2010/04/2010-ultimate-blog-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twins!! Love em! I have a set myself. :) Mine are much older, however, 7 1/2. Happy UBP10 to you! Thanks for having me over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you today - can not believe it took so long - both being in SA and twin moms and seem to share some friends in the blogsphere.

    My twins are 2 and a half now and I promise, I am seeing the light.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails