Monday, December 13, 2010

Enough with the pink!




It is crazy windy here at the coast and the wind is chilly. Lovely when the sun's out but ice-cold the minute that wind starts blowing.

So tomorrow is going to be interesting as it's our photo shoot.

Yes, another one.

I didn't plan to have them 6 weeks apart but as I said before, I have dreamed of a beach photo shoot since I found out I was having twins.

And what are bonuses for, right?!

Speaking of bonuses, I am spending an insane amount of money and have already started compiling a mental "how to save more money on holiday next time" list.

For this photoshoot, we are wearing denims and grey t-shirts.

We were going to do the shoot this afternoon at 5 pm but I phoned the guy and told him my kids go to bed at 6 pm normally so are going to be super-crabby :)

Anyway, in anticipation, we dressed Connor in his grey t-shirt and oh my word, the little boy cuteness was too much. I had to bite those little arms.

I'm not the only one who does this, right?!

He then pulled over a mug of cold coffee on him and the carpet so aside from the house trauma, we had to go back out (in the WIND) and buy him another t-shirt and one for his sister.

I am so tired of all the pink (after 17 months!) and have decided that is that. I will not be buying pink for a loooong time so today I bought grey, yellow and red t-shirts, all for Kendra.

In other news, I am tired of being behind on my emails and text messages. I need to take an hour and just reply to everything.

I've also been planning to join a blog link up from 8 Dec. I know, I know, is there any point now? But I've been thinking through the post (do you also write them in your head first?) and I want to get it down. Maybe tomorrow?

I know you know this but it's so much harder looking after babies at other people's houses... I have MUCH less time on holiday than I do at home!

What are your tips when you get behind?

5 comments:

  1. I know I spend far too much money on pictures...printing the ones I take, and getting professional ones done...but these babies will only be little for such a short time. I just don't want to miss a thing. :)

    And I SO hear you on it being tougher to look after little ones in a new place!!! I'm still mentally recovering from our trip to see my family three weeks ago! HA!

    Hope your photoshoot goes well! Just relax and enjoy those babies, and you know you'll have another set of magnificent shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the next round of pics. I know what you mean about being sick of pink. Phoebe used to wear a lot of hot pink and she looked so good in it. Now it's the last color she wants to wear.

    I have a lot to get done too. I'm working on it with my timer. I do the Flylady thing of setting the timer for 15 minutes and then giving myself a break for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bite cute chubby arms too...they're like little cobs of corn!

    When I get behind, I either scrap it all or set some time aside. Prioritizing really helps me...so does my ability to skim things to determine their importance. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to see the newest pictures!

    I have always been rather anti-pink, so good for you!!

    I think I over plan our trips, but I still haven't find a way to save much money. I can't wait for some tips!!

    I really hope you're enjoying your holidays and family time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love pink, but after rejecting it completely for most of my teenage years, I am a big pink fan myself...so it's not really about the 'little girl' pink...I just like it! : )

    I know your pictures will be great. Beach scenes seem to turn out well no matter what. Glad you're having a good (but tiring?) vacation!

    When I get behind (which happens FAR too often), it's usually due in part to my thinking that everything has to be done a certain way. If it can't be done the way I want, why bother? At some point, I end up having to let go and just get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails