Friday, December 03, 2010

I grew up in a __________ home

I read a post the other day that really made me think... a LOT.

She said that all testimonies start the same way:

I grew up in a _________ home.

It's our job to define that adjective and create it for our kids.

Which is so true.

So I've been thinking about this a lot, thinking about what it is I want our children to say about our home. What our parenting goals are.


I want them to say they grew up in a home where they always felt loved by us unconditionally, where they saw D & I loving each other, where they were encouraged to be themselves, where they knew they could come to us with anything, where they were happy, where we treated one another with kindness and respect and last but by no means least, where they knew that God was in charge and things would always work out okay.


What do you want your kids to say one day when they're grown up?

P.S. That blog is one I've been reading for years and years. All the other blogs I started reading "fell" off my Google Reader but that one has always stayed. She has triplets and through the IF I kept reading because it was my inspiration. I used to send links to my friend with the twins, C, and say, "this will be us one day, with cute kids like this" and it happened!

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in a broken home, but one that I completely felt a part of nonetheless.

    I want my kids to grow up in a happy home with lots of laughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails