Sunday, December 26, 2010

I think we're off to Casualty.

This is a bad weekend to get really sick. All the doctors are closed all of yesterday, today and tomorrow (all public holidays here in South Africa) and I can't wait anymore.

It feels like overkill because it's just a hacking cough (both, C worse) and nose pouring liquid (K) but it's either that or the pharmacist. And we've been doing cough syrup and Nurofen for days and days now.

Last night I waited up until I was too tired to keep my eyes open (11:20) because Connor was hacking away terribly. I had this fear that he'd stop breathing...

I am a total rule-follower with medicines and safety issues as there is no way I'm going to add feeling guilty to the mix of other emotions if something happens that is a side effect from over dosing.

So I picked him up, rocked him a bit and then he throws himself sideways which is his signal for "enough now, I want to go back to sleep".

I need to get dressed quickly so we're ready when they wake from their morning nap for our exciting post-Christmas adventures :)

On the bright side, we've now taught Kendra to wipe and blow her own nose. Those little hands are very cute.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon!

    How in the world did you teach Kendra how to do that? It must be adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails