Friday, December 31, 2010

Reverb - week 2



At this rate, this reverb thing is only going to be finished around mid-Jan. I hope to do better than that, though...


December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

Hmmm, difficult question and I'm sure other people would say different things but the first thing that came to mind was that I always try to encourage others and that I genuinely take an interest in other people.


December 9 – Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

I don't think anything "rocked my socks off" but I did enjoy Kirsten's baby shower the most this year. It was just so special to be hosting a baby shower for the most gracious person ever.

You can read more by clicking that link :)


December 10 – Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

Two come to mind...

One was to stop doing in-home organising sessions as I felt they took time away from my time with the babies.

The other was to rebrand. I feel so, so comfortable in my "new skin" with my brand spanking new website, photo and cards. And I do believe this positioned me well for the TV thing and much more in the new year.


December 11 – 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

5 of those things are kg I want to lose :)

The other 6? drama, clutter, commitments that don't serve me, stress, clothes that don't look good on me and some email lists.

The physical stuff is easy for me to let go of; for the kg, I plan to hire a personal trainer the minute they are back from their holidays and the emotional stuff I'm really going to ask myself the hard questions - how is this serving me? is this aligned with my life goals and values? etc.

Hopefully the end result is a leaner me living a simpler and even more fulfilling life.


December 12 – Body Integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

I always feel like I'm most integrated when I'm living my passion - so I'd say those moments when I'm coaching or speaking. Physically, when I'm playing with the babies and we're all having good family time. It's the small moments really. Like today, just playing and laughing with Kendra who is pulling out all the cuteness lately.


December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

My next step is to choose which goals I'm going to work on in the next 90 days and get to it.

Relationship with D - we've already planned dates for Jan and Feb

Weight - you know about the personal trainer. Am already eating better and will go back to gym next week, and...

I'm writing a BOOK!

Also thinking about buying a sewing machine to do REALLY simple things, like hemming jeans and sewing straight-edged items. How much do they cost these days anyway?

December 14 – Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)

Sleep! Honestly, that's it. I kept thinking month in and month out, "surely this is the month they will start sleeping better" and eventually at 10 months it happened.

And I am oh-so-grateful, I can't tell you. I'm even more grateful that we didn't get used to it and then it went due to teething and illness. They sleep like logs now.

That's enough for now!

Are you reverbing? Share your links in the comments so I can come read your post (s).


P.S. These pics and the previous beach pics are from the beach photo shoot

2 comments:

  1. I am reverbing as well. In fact, I found it here and linked this site to the introductory post. I'm probably also going to finish in the first week of Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! I'm not reverbing, but I am working on all those things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails