Thursday, January 27, 2011

The best part about yoga today


was having it end!

Seriously.

I went with the best of attitudes and enthusiasm and it is just not for me.

I got confused and when I looked at my watch and saw it was 1 pm, I got so happy that it was over and then realised the class only started at 12:30.

Damn!

At the start of the class, the instructor said she really needs to have two classes - one for beginners and one intermediate, only thing is the beginners don't come back.

Maybe they're all like me?

The minute it was over I raced to the loos to get dressed and get out of there.

It just so happens that C, my friend with the twins, was also in the class and said through the door that they were leaving.

Her colleague, also an ex-colleague of mine, said, "so are you coming back next week?"

And I said, "definitely not!"

*crazy laughter*

I then emerged from the loo, dressed, and explained that I have now been to two yoga classes in my life and it is just not for me.

First one in 2003 when I first joined the gym and I thought that maybe things had changed (within me) in the 8 years and I'd be different.

Nope, still not for me.

Although something interesting happened.

At the end of the class, we lay on the floor while she did a "guided meditation" and if you're me, your mind starts wandering and thinking...

And I got all emotional - don't ask me why but for you yoga people, is this normal?

So I took one good thing out of that class - I maybe need to have more moments of stillness in my life.

Otherwise, why am I getting so emotional after just a few moments of quietness in my life?

Hmmm...

6 comments:

  1. Completely normal to become emotional at that point because you are actually in a deep state of relaxation. There are emotions because there is a lot of release happening. What a pity you didn't have a great experience.
    If you decide to go again, I wouldn't suggest you go at the gym. Go to an actual yoga studio where they do nothing except eat, sleep and breathe yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 pm

    What Julia said.

    Yoga makes you slow down, and maybe that's a bit confrontational for you? Sometimes things come up in the quiet spaces that we don't want to look at? Even if you don't go back to yoga, you might want to get yourself some guided meditation CD's and create a little bit of "nothing" time so that whatever-it-is can get cleared out!

    You should walk out of a yoga class like you are walking on clouds. That has been my experience every time. Even the times that it made me emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree with theluckylife. One hour of yoga is equivalent to 4 hours of sleep. You feel relaxed and energized at the same time. Seriously. It is like walking on the clouds when you leave. That is definitely my experience every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo with you! I'm not into yoga but I do love a good stretch. I've never gotten a thing from meditation, I'd prefer to guide my mind and not have things the other way around!

    Gee, maybe I am a bit controlling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had a bit of emotion at that moment...it's just so nice to turn it all off! I'm pretty sure that's why I keep going back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh , I loooove yoga! But the gym's is just not the best - it is like a watered down, pilatesed version. Uhmshanti shanti!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails