Tuesday, January 04, 2011

What would you do?

There are two situations in my life which have been ongoing 1) for the last 5 months and 2) for the last 3 months.

1) I am fighting with my ISP as they incentivised me to renew my two-year contract with me by giving me a gift card. The gift card is supposed to be valid for a year - mine was only valid for 10 months and so has expired with R360 on it.

I can't get anyone to care and they are not a "company who responds" so they don't even respond on hellopeter.com.

2) I got a pest control company in to fumigate my house. Numerous tries later, the insects are still crawling around. After fighting with them for about a month (their services are guaranteed), they finally agreed to refund my money (R980). That seemed to be just a fob-off as I'm still waiting two months later, after numerous emails, phone calls, complaints on hellopeter, etc.

So, it's a new year and I don't feel like schlepping all this baggage around.

On the other hand, it is R1 340 ($203).

I'm very tempted to just let it go (you know I am bad at this - tenacious like a bulldog usually) for my peace of mind.

What would you do?

What do you think I should do?

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, i must be honest, as musch as stuff like this annoys me...I am one of those people who usually just leaves it. But for that amount of money...not a chance!
    I think companies get aaway with murder these days...so go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:48 pm

    Wellll, I hate letting people get away with stuff. But I have a new way of approaching it. I'm a contractor earning an hourly rate. If the hassle factor is one hour and it's worth the same or more than my hourly rate, then I'll put an hour of nagging the suppliers, taking it to the next level etc in. But I no longer stress about R10 discrepancies "on principle" anymore. So the question is - what is your time worth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that money is money. This stuff always brings me down, but I try to find ways around out. In regards to the gift card I would again call and complain but knowing that it will not change anything, I would instead ask if they would give me a credit on my bill for the amount lost, or some other perk!

    As for the bugs, I hate bugs and they are worth every cent to get rid of. I'm also horribly cheap and tend to go all DIY with anything related to the home. *Knock on wood* my ants are now gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about concentrating on one and letting the other go?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails