Sunday, June 19, 2011

70 minutes down, many more to go



So you know I have "write a book" on my Life List and also on my 2011 goals list.

I'm the type of person who, once I start, I can plough through but it's the getting clear in my head bit that is the worst part and then the starting.

Last week when I had my first session with my new coach, I told her that I want to focus on writing and speaking for the next while.

Last Sunday in church, the speaker said this: if you know God's given you a vision, pursue it fully.

I haven't been pursuing it as fully as I should. But not anymore.

And so the talk is prepped and ready for tomorrow night, and I've done 70 minutes (goal for this week - 120 minutes... but secretly I'm aiming for double that :)) of writing on the book.

Yay!

Onwards and upwards.

This is the beauty of working with a coach - accountability and support.

People say to me, "but you're motivated and you will get your stuff done. why do you need a coach?" Because I like to get things done FAST! :)

I said to Julia the other day that my biggest fear is not living up to my potential. It scares me to even think that.

And so I persevere.

As an aside, at the moment if I turn my head to the right, my spare bed is half full of party stuff and things to be put away but that is low priority compared to reaching my goals :)

Just a thought - maybe that's for someone reading?

Over to you. Share just one thing with me on your life list. (big, small, it doesn't matter)

P.S. I'm really SO excited about my 36 things list - click the top of the blog to read the updated version.

7 comments:

  1. I don't have a life list. What kind of stuff goes on one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you have a life list and that one of the things are that you want to write a book. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayme, any kind of things that are important to you.

    So mine has places to visit, experiences to have (having children was on my life list), things to do (write a book), etc.

    Big things, medium things (host a dinner party for New Years), small things (stay in pjs the whole day) :)

    Anything.

    I'm going to edit my post and put some resources...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you move girl! One item on my list: Do the hiking trail to Machu Pichu with my DH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interestingly enough, I have never thought of putting things on a life list until now. I’m assuming that the stuff that would go on your life list would be really BIG dream stuff?
    Here’s one of mine:
    I would like to learn more music. All the instruments actually. Must improve on guitar (I am still in the beginning stages) then I want to move onto drums, percussion, woodwind instruments i.e. different flutes, saxophones; brass instruments ie trumpets, trombones; stringed instruments i.e., cello, violins etc. I can totally pull this off if I focus because I can already read music so it’s really a matter of learning how to play it on the instrument. Just need to make the time for it and save because those instruments (even 2nd hand) are hellishly expensive. Mmmm….I think I would also love to learn how to produce a CD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also want to write a book. I started a separate blog to work through those ideas I have for the book and started writing just today. Not to put in a plug for me, but it's URL is http://how-to-be-a-yummy-mummy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somewhere, as a young teen, I actually did make a list, and then added to it while we were in Amway. I called it my someday list. Having at least 4 kids was on that list. There were lots of travel goals on there - visit every state, take a year to travel around the world, lots of traveling - I wanted to go everywhere and see everything. Publish a book ... with modern ebooks, I might revisit that one in a couple of years.

    Right now I have 2 goals - loose weight - lots of it - and declutter my house and Dad's house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails