Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Things I'm loving at the moment

1. Bright, happy rainboots. I saw the most gorgeous ones at Pick and Pay a week ago and I was sorely tempted to get a pair, just for cuteness, since it doesn't rain in Jhb in winter. And the summer rains are 20-minute thundershowers.

Lynette's layout reminded me of the boots.

Do you have rainboots?


2. How Cat's husband phoned her and suggested she go to a movie instead of grocery shopping. And more importantly, how she was sitting in the movies 10 minutes later. I love the quick decision-making! I keep laughing every time I think about it.

3. This gorgeous hutch. I told the lovely ladies at LollyJane Boutique I would never see potential in the before version of this hutch...sadly. But I really want one now. It would be perfect in my study.


4. The way Kendra sits and writes so carefully and with such concentration. We both "work" in my study - she is too cute because she tells me she's doing a K and a C :)

5. Rose and raspberry flavoured hardboiled sweets on my desk from Natalie.

6. My new green office chair (it is actually a diningroom chair). I was inspired by all the gorgeous offices I keep seeing and decided that I'm done with ugly things.

7. My electric blanket and my new duvet. It is heaven going to bed at night.

8. Kissing the back of Connor's neck. I kissed him one morning as he was running past and he went, "more, more kiss". Of course I'm happy to oblige!

What are you loving at the moment?

and some pics...

his new favourite thing is to get on my bed and watch TV with me. Notice the car in his hand. Outside the frame of the pic was his beloved teddy, Friday.

BTW is there anything cuter than a child in pj's?

Kendra sleeping in the car - she sleeps anywhere

She loves her daddy


Connor does this when he's tired of the photos :)

8 comments:

  1. I am dying to get me a pair of those boots from PnP :) And at under R100, BARGAIN!
    PS. thanks for the kitchen kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Love the one of K looking at her daddy.

    Addison has learned to write with very intense concentration too. Jeremy taught them how to hold their pencils, and she looks so grown up doing her "work".

    I have debated on rainboots at least a hundred times in the past few months! In the end though, I haven't been able to bring myself to pay for something I know I will only wear a few times a year. I might get some for the girls eventually, though...I just love little girls in skirts and rain boots. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am planning to shop for rain boots this week still!
    I am loving soup. And stews. And baked potatoes - can you pick up a recurring theme here?
    I am also loving getting into bed whenever I can. So warm and snuggly. Cuddles with my sons. Making new lists for the month/week/day.
    And milk tart with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention! I did love it and he is awesome. Those boots - you do not need rain to wear them. I got a blue pair with roses and just wear them as boots. I always buy the kids a pair in winter, even though we do not have rain. They are nice and warm and... you clean them with Handy Andy and a cloth. The best thing ever for school. Tell you what - I will do a WIWT with my boots sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that hutch- really loving the shabby chic look. Good on u for getting a new office chair! K & C are soooo cute- lucky I due soon otherwise I'd be extremely clucky :) P.s. rainboots are trendy here for teens to wear to music festivals- cute eh? i guess coz of the mud, it rains alot in our summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing cuter than a child in pajamas is a sleeping child in pajamas;-)

    I love the hutch...I could make that work in my scraproom;-)

    Love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugly things suck and make the world gross.

    I love the "I don't want any more pictures" picture! Classic!

    I don't know where I read this, but I had no idea you didn't drink fizzy drinks...little known fact about Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post...that hutch is amazing...i NEED one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails