Saturday, August 20, 2011

Things I never thought I'd hear myself say/ crafting

I really need to organise my craft and scrapbooking stuff!

But this is reality.

I did 6 notebooks this morning - pics to follow.... - and I need to get this stuff in an easier workflow - all into one drawer

Maybe all the punches, washi tape and fabric tape into one drawer with the scrapbook paper?

I will have to see.

Anyway, here's the news!


I follow Lolly Jane and I see they have an actual in-person craft night once a month in Arizona. How fun!

They provide kits and instructions and then the ladies get to it.

I thought of arranging a live thing but I don't want to be bothered with getting everyone on the same page and venue and worrying about money and people not pitching who have RSVPd yes and so on.

So...

I'm going to be doing a virtual craft day on the last Thursday of every month for about an hour.

That's this Thursday 25th.

I'm telling you now so you can think about what you want to do and link up your projects when you're done.

The beauty of this is that each of us can do our own thing and cross things off those Pinterest lists :)




By the way, evening for SA/ Europe is very early the next morning for Australia/ New Zealand and lunch time for the US and Canada (we're currently 6 hours ahead of EST).

I have coaching every Thursday until 8:30 but after that is MY time!

Of course you can do your thing for longer, shorter, day before, etc. but for me, it's about having some set-aside time to dedicate to my creativity.

Remember, I'm not really crafty so if I have nothing to do, I'll organise photos and make collages :)

If there's anyone who can make a cute button, please speak up - I would love that!

Are you in?

How do you keep all your craft stuff organised?
Drawer, cupboard, ROOM? :)

PS thanks, Deanna, for showing me how to embed the Pinterest stuff straight into my blog :)

10 comments:

  1. YEA for a craft night! I'll have to think about when I want to link up...would a Saturday post be OK?

    I have my Friday post that I do every week, and I have been thinking about devoting a weekend day to "me" stuff.

    I'm so excited...we have a lady coming to our MoMs group meeting tomorrow to talk about scrapbooking. She promises she can show us how to organize our things to be able to spend only 15 or 20 minutes at a time and make a page.

    As for organization, I bought all these folders for paper and stickers last year, so everything is in its own slot, which works really well. Then I have a drawer with all my punches, ribbon, cutters, scissors, etc.

    The issue is that all my stuff is in the kitchen (drawer) and dining room (piles of folders). Obviously those folders don't belong in the dining room, though. I keep intending to move everything to the spare bedroom upstairs, and that be my crafting room, where I can leave things spread out if I need to...but I haven't done that yet.

    That's my issue...it takes time to get everything spread out and ready to work, and by the time I factor that in, it feels like a major production to do anything. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcia! I am in FOR SURE (just not this Thursday because I am 2000 km's away from my supplies....LOL!) I will likely make cards because I am running low and this will be the perfect motivation for my to get some done!

    I do not know how to make buttons...sorry!

    My scrapin' stuff needs some organization too...it's all in boxes and rubbermaids. I have a few rolling drawers I use. I DO have this really neat paper-stacker I should post a picture of but other than that...argghhhh...it'a a mess!

    Thanks for organizing this! I hope I remember!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After heading back to work, I need a designated craft day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I might have a button for you. Should I email it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooo cannot wait! You'll have to remind me of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! I spent way too much money at the knitting shop this morning. Have no system yet. Everything is in a box under my desk at the moment. Will have to make a plan soon.
    I don't understand how your craft thing will work. Must you make it in your own time and then just link on the day? If so then I will do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a plan...i scrapped avidly for 5yrs....even had a shop, ran classes - THE WORKS. but I havent scrapped in almost 2yrs and I really want to start again...baby steps so I may well set aside Thurs morn and virtually join you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! Like Mandy, mine might be a different day, but will leave the link up all week or something like that?

    Don't you love how easy Pinterest made it to share things on your blog? : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO Would you believe I do card classes 4 to 6 times a month? You should see my studio it is INSANE! I think we need to have some sort of creative outlet since our brains spend most of its time trying to organize the world!!!! Love you, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a tutoring from Deanna too...or maybe you could just help me out!

    I don't have very much craft stuff, but the Crazies' craft stuff is in cubbies in the dining room.

    I have my wrapping stuff, which used to be organized, in a corner in the guest room. Gotta work on that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails