Friday, August 12, 2011

Five on Friday


Thank you all for participating in the cry baby linky - it's not too late if you haven't done yours yet.

******************************



banner I put up for D's birthday - don't you love it? I really wanted to leave it up forever...


1. I must admit I get very annoyed by "group blogs" (I don't know what the official name is) where there is nothing for ages and then more than 2 posts a day. Drives me batty and ensures that I just click "mark all as read". Is it just me or do you feel the same?

2. A lady I work very closely with was on leave for two weeks. I was in heaven as she's one of these "6 hours of meetings in a row" sort of people. She is clearly back because I went somewhere for 20 minutes and returned to about 8 meetings in my diary, two hours each. Ugh!

3. I'm a little ticked off. A long while ago there was a solicitation for people who wanted to write for a certain blog. I thought I could contribute and add a non-North American flair :) so I sent them not one, but two emails with links to some of my favourite posts and heard nothing. I've since seen all these new bloggers' posts in my reader and sadly, I'm feeling a little disgruntled and maybe even a bit jealous. I know I need to get over it but remember, I have problems letting go.

4. I realised last night I have somewhat of a problem. There are some cute crafty things I'm in the process of doing but I can't post them as I'm nearly 100% certain I'll gift some of these things to others. Does this then mean I need to do more than 2 in a month so I can have 2 to show you? Or am I over-analysing things?

5. We can't WAIT for our boss to get back from holiday on Monday. Strange statement? Not so much as we're all eagerly awaiting our bonus letters. The corporate grapevine is all aflutter as "everyone" has received theirs. The jury's out on whether we're getting good bonuses or bad ones. I am always grateful for anything as I see it as all FREE money. Although I did get a spectacularly good one last year. This is how they reward good performers

and now, what I did for me...

Photobucket

Well, last Sat was my birthday.


This is my birthday gift to me - pink genuine leather bag and green wallet. Also, love my Baggu bags.

I went to Zumba on Wed which was lovely if exhausting. I hold my breath every time while they scan my card to see whether my contract's been cancelled yet. I have to go twice a month and you guys know I don't... so clearly they're taking the average and I have 24 visits over the year.

Of course I took the day off on Monday and went to see a movie and did some other things.

This week I had to flex my boundary muscles twice - it wasn't the easiest thing to do but I felt great afterwards :)

How was your week?

10 comments:

  1. I've done a "group post" yesterday but that was because I needed to get the cancer thing of my cousin's daughter of my chest. Otherwise, I too don't do it and don't like it.
    I agree with you - no matter how small a bonus is, at least you are getting a little bit extra.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take pics of your craftiness and post them after the gift giving process - we would all like to see :).

    P.S. Love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a good week - added your organising blog to me reader :)

    I used to loathe meetings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same issue with a couple of crafty things I've done lately! I figure I'll just post them after the holidays, when I plan to do a lot of similar-type gifts.

    I love that banner, Marcia! It's awesome!

    I was so incredibly productive with getting caught up on pictures over the past 10 days or so. I'm trying to keep the momentum going by getting the girls' outgrown clothes ready for a big consignment sale in a couple of weeks. And then, on to filing! :)

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not familiar with Baggu bags....I must check them out! Hope you had a great birthday (a little late)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your birthday purse and wallet!! Color is gorgeous! Very pretty!!

    Great job on the banner!!

    Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your banner! It is so cute and cheerful. Also, I am jealous of that purse - it is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That banner is super cool...luv it! Happy Belated B-day girlie!! Sounds like you toally treated yourself and rightfully so!

    Have a great weekend!

    P.S. Love OneRadMother's idea about posting the pic of your craftiness after giving...we gotta see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bag and the neat contents;-) I have had only R&R this week...and this is my first day using technology after a 7 day break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE that banner and I simply MUST get one. Or make one? Have unsubscribed to all group blogs - I was marking them all read anyway so it seemed pointless to have them in my reader.
    Those blog people OBVIOUSLY don't know what they are missing and yes, you are overthinking the craft thing. Just blog about it afterwards, doesn't matter if it is in a different month. Am going to be setting up a different blog for knitting and craft stuff that I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails