Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend spontaneity and a pavement photoshoot

We had a brunch plan for Bambanani yesterday and I was only too happy to get an email from 1 of the 3 people on Friday to say his little man had a runny tummy and could we postpone.

this is just SO Connor lately - that little tongue out and him doing his own thing

Connor had a bit of a cough and on Friday when I got home, Kendra had started too.

They're fine now but I still didn't want them infecting or getting further infected by other sick kids.

 

In addition to that, I had a SPLITTING headache on Friday night. I was asleep by 9:30 (totally unheard of for me) but I woke on Saturday with that same headache, just a slightly milder version.

I hauled myself to gym anyway but there were no classes due to an event so I blogged and read blogs for an hour :)

 

Once I got home, D went to run errands and I stayed with the kids. I put them down for naps and went to lie down myself. D said when he got back the kids were running around the house...and I was fast asleep.

The headache persisted so I took another 2 Panado at about 5 and then I started feeling relief. Especially after I drank another litre of water.

I personally think it's both hormonal plus this cold weather (in spring!) really doesn't make me want to drink any water.

 

D and I had a date night and watched Marley and Me (I do recommend it.. and there's a friendship Friday post in there for me!) while eating popcorn.

 

Today the kids woke in a good mood. I say that because about the second thing I said to Connor was "go to time out" and he didn't freak out like he normally does, but went. Wow - the discipline course is working (I still need to tell you all about it).

I rewarded the kids because they did their morning routine nicely by letting them play with window paints. D thinks I'm mad; I say why should Nanny S be the one who gets to do all the fun things with them?

They thought they were in heaven; I was... because the light was beautiful and I was snapping away. Pics to follow once I download.

They also played in the mulberries (I didn't see them otherwise that is most definitely not allowed) and the cuffs of their jeans plus their t-shirts are ruined (I think. I've sprayed with stain remover but let's see). But the biggest accomplishment is I didn't freak out!

We also went for a picnic today (a spontaneous one suggested by me!) and made doughnuts in my new doughnut maker! The kids helped - lots of pics to follow...

 

So despite the two kids under the weather, we had a really, really good day. When we were walking down the path at Gillooly's, Connor said to me, "I love this!" and my heart just melted.

Only 3 days left of 31 days so let me write my last 3 posts and get to bed.

How was your weekend?
PS these pics were taken on our little photo walk two weeks ago (that's how far I am with pics!). I sat down on the pavement in front of a random house and handed the camera to D.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Seeing your pics reminds me of how much more I need to do that! I'm sure I've said this before, but I have so few pictures of my parents with me. I want the girls to see pictures of me having fun with them. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley10:13 pm

    Sounds like you and kids had a lovely time. The comment C said made tears come to my eyes. Priceless moments for you both to treasure! Tell D he takes great pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh mulberries do stain! We both loved Marley and me and I love the relationship they have. Off course it also features a labrador so we would love it.

    Your weekend sounds great - our Saturday was great but yesterday is a bit of a blur for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried like a baby when I saw Marley and Me - beautiful movie. Too bad about your head ache (hope it's goone now?) but the rest of your weekend sounds marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get into more pics with my kids!!

    I'm very jealous of your donut maker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, your kids are so adorable! Can't wait to see some of the pics of all of the fun things you guys did :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails