Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking back at my word of the year - trust




It's a funny thing about these words - if you even do a bit of thinking about it, your life reveals what it needs.

I see that some people just grab someone else's word that sounds good. I say that because I read Ali Edwards's post yesterday and in the comments people were like, "oh yes, LISTEN sounds good. I think I'll take that as my word".

Um, no.

I'm spontaneous myself sometimes but that just does not sound like a good way to choose YOUR guiding theme for the year ahead!

Anyway, before TRUST I had the sense of what needed to happen (surrendering, giving up control) but I didn't like the word surrender for me as it felt too passive for my personality.

And then driving up the street to work, one part of a praise song (Holy - Vineyard Music, track 12) had a "I will trust in You...." refrain and it jumped out and arrested me and I KNEW that that was my word.

For Julia and maybe one or two others that wonder, there are two types of the "word of God" - logos which is the Bible and then rhema which is that word that is JUST for you.

This was the rhema word of God for me.

So the job search progressed and in April I was so SILLY as to think that was it and I didn't need to trust anymore! I said to D, "since I have my new job maybe I should choose a new word?". Lord! D said in his "way", "hmmm, I don't think that's how it works, Marsh. You need to keep trusting". Right.


And you have all been watching me this whole year as I trusted sometimes hour by hour and minute by minute (in meetings with him) and certainly on a daily basis, more than I ever have before. With the infertility, I trusted God and prayed hard for the 5 minutes before each shot, and then it was over and I could block it out until the next day. Not with this.

Julia said something so nice to me in the comments (twice - I saw that other one too :)) the other day.

I think that TRUST was the right word for you. I learned so much (just by watching you deal with the most trying thing that you'd had to deal with in YEARS) what it actually means to TRUST and to surrender fully to Him. Thank You.

Thank YOU. I'm totally human and have asked God maybe too much this year, "I get it! I'm meant to trust! I do, now please get me out of this mess." And the other favourites "why me? Are you trying to kill me?" a la Job in the Bible.....

And a small part of me (the rational part) is saying at least if this has shown even one person (Julia) a glimpse more of Him, then it's been worth it.

But make no mistake, I'm ready to testify of His goodness in different ways. Right?



To round off this very long post....

this year I trusted God fully and that has made all the difference... to me, to my sanity (look! I'm still sane and I'm still standing).

It's been a hard, hard year and I'm very happy to see the back of it because I do sense that I'm closer to the end of it (hopefully in the 90 - 100% range :)).

Here is a glimpse of my word for next year - can you guess what my word is?

PS this is post 344 for the year - tied with 2010 - and I think 1795 overall

9 comments:

  1. LOVED this post. Clearly your word for 2014 is JOY or HAPPY or brighter?
    You are STILL sane. And standing. And you live to tell the tale. My friend, you did good.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did awesome with your word. Is your reflect or shine?
    Wishing you an awesome 2014 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reflection.

    I wasn't going to have a personal word this year but last night as I got into bed I suddenly felt that "acceptance" must be the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post. I do love how when we set these intentions for the year they unfold just perfectly and as they should for our lives. Trust as you know was my word too. And it showed up over and over and over again in many different ways. Looking forward to watching you SHINE this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:32 am

    Trust was an excellent word for the year you had. You did great Marcia! I'm really excited for you and the new things on their way to you - hopefully soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my blog post on Trust :) Sounds like you've had quite the ride with the word in 2013! Following the Lord with all your heart is always an adventure, isn't it? Enjoyed your recap post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. đồng tâm
    game mu
    cho thuê nhà trọ
    cho thuê phòng trọ
    nhac san cuc manh
    số điện thoại tư vấn pháp luật miễn phí
    văn phòng luật
    tổng đài tư vấn pháp luật
    dịch vụ thành lập công ty trọn gói

    Trong phút chốc, tiếng kêu thảm thiết liên tiếp vang lên.

    Sở Dương cùng Cố Độc Hành ngưng thở, ẩn mình giấu tích, thừa dịp hỗn loạn, lén lút tiến vào Kim Mã Kỵ Sỹ đường.

    Đây đúng là cơ hội trời ban.

    Nếu không có chuyện Minh Nguyệt kiếm hôm nay, nếu không phải Đệ Ngũ Khinh Nhu đã hạ lệnh cho nhân viên nơi này triệt lui thì...

    Dưới nhiều loại thời cơ kết hợp như vậy, Sở diêm vương - địch nhân lớn của Kim Mã Kỵ Sỹ đường, lại có thể tự nhiên, thoải mái bước đi trong tổng bộ Kim Mã Kỵ Sỹ đường. Nếu như là trước kia, chẳng phải là trò cười lớn rồi sao.

    Hôm nay, nhiệm vụ chủ yếu của hai người chính là thả đám người giang hồ bị Kim Mã Kỵ Sỹ đường bắt giữ. sau khi được Sở Dương kiểm tra, những người đó cơ bản đều bị giam ở nơi này...

    Đương nhiên, nhiệm vụ phụ trợ thứ hai chính là: Hoàn toàn phá nát nơi này!

    Nhưng sự tình đúng là xảo hợp. Sở Dương cùng Cố Độc Hành sau khi tiến vào liền đi thẳng xuống dưới. Sau khi đi qua ba tầng liên tục, phát hiện phía dưới cũng loạn thành một nồi cám lợn rồi. Mà khiến Sở Dương càng cảm khái chính là: Có một tên gia hỏa đang ôm một thanh kiếm, ngắm nghía có vẻ cực kỳ hứng thú.

    Ta fuk! Đây không phải là Minh Nguyệt kiếm - đầu sỏ gây nên hỗn loạn nơi này sao?

    Ánh mắt Sở Dương đều trợn trừng lên!

    Đổng Vô Thương ném một cái, không ngờ lại khiến thanh kiếm này, chui sâu xuống đất hơn ba mươi trượng? Lực lượng như vậy cũng quá lớn đi?

    Nhưng, bây giờ cũng không phải lúc cảm thán lực lượng Đổng Vô Thương lớn hay nhỏ. Sở Dương lắc mình xông tới, phốc một tiếng đã đâm thấu tim tên kia, đoạt lại kiếm, lập tức cùng Cố Độc Hành đại khai sát giới.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails