Monday, December 30, 2013

I need you to help me choose a photo for a canvas

that is an A0 canvas - can you see how ginormous it is? (as I warn the kids regularly, it could kill them it's so big)
above that couch is where I want something ginormous and dramatic in black and white (I believe the decorators call these "statement pieces")
I bought an A0 canvas for that wall but I'm stumped - I don't know which photo to choose.

D and I agree that we should choose something "timeless" (not of our family).

It could be a photo I've taken or one from our photoshoots, if you can think of any that would do that space justice.

Or just weigh in and I'll go out and take the photo!!!

Maybe from our travels? NYC? Charlotte? Thailand? Ireland?

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 am

    Does D also like grey skies and Jacaranda's? I loved that photo of your family with the shoes, not timeless, but such a gorgeous photo for memory.

    Thing is, you need something there that brings back happy memories for all of you, or a photo of how it made you feel, and also a piece that will start a conversation.

    Sorry, thinking out loud while trying to think of a photo that you took...

    I need to get our house sorted to put gorgeous photos up too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that USA one with the taxi. I think it was black and white though and I suppose you want colour? That's the one that I would choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll have to post your favourites for us to choose from.
    I've just ordered a 150x60 canvas of a Jozi skyline photo that I took this year :) Cannot wait for it to arrive!

    PS. the photo in your first image is skew and it's driving me a little nutty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I fix it a couple of times a day - the kids keep bumping against it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a few, though for that wall I think it would have to be something in landscape and clutter free (does that make sense) you have one of the lovely NY skyline I think it was in B&W or even one of all your legs only from the last photo shoot.

    The other thing you could do is post a few you like and we can help you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about one of all of your shoes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails