Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Hello from Bloem

Well, this morning I woke up at 4:30. That hasn't happened in forever, probably since the babies were "real" babies.

It was a real battle for me since I'm usually a 6:45 am girl... And even then I prefer 8-9ish.... :)



Add to that it was pouring with rain but I made it. Couldn't believe the buzz at the airport at 5:30 in the morning. Absolute madness.

No problems with anything but I have a funny story to share.

I phoned the branch manager and asked him where I should wait for him.

He said don't you worry, the airport is very small. I will find you without any trouble. But me, being A Jhb girl!! told him I'll have a bright blue suitcase and a pink handbag ;)

Well,, when I arrived, I realized what he meant. What a cute airport. Tiny!!!!!



I walked right out and spotted him immediately :)

Work is as usual fine without the micro managers. However, when the branch manager heard where I was staying, he insisted I get them to change the booking because it was in a dodgy part of town. I emailed the PA and then got a phone call grilling me as to why, etc.

Lalalalalala (that's what was in my head)

Long story short, booking was changed and I'm in a decent place now at double the price!

I'm at supper now... But while I was still in the room, there was church across the street so I opened the window so I could properly hear and sing along. So nice.

I can't wait to go sleep tonight as I'm knackered. I do want to tinker with my goals and write a blog post or two first though.

How was your Tuesday?



6 comments:

  1. LOL the airport story reminded me of the Gaborone airport first time I visited there in 2003.

    I used to wake up at 4:30am when I was doing boot camp and I tell you the roads and gyms are very busy by 5am!

    Glad your hotel was changed! Safety is key even if it costs a bit more.


    Tuesday was good but busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't miss 4:30 at all, 6 is plenty early for me! *Lalala I hate your job Lalala* How dare they compromise, or question your safety. Ridiculous!
    Our Tuesday was run of the mill. Pancakes for dinner- HAPPY FAT TUESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Bloem, PE and CT airports so small :)
    Glad they could change your booking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like PE's airport - especially pre the extension! Glad all is fine - enjoy Bloem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cape Towns airport is big - not very user friendly either. The airport in Zanzibar was like this - literally one little room :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, yes that airport is almost dinky. ;-)

    I don't get sleeping late, at all. The only time I can even manage to sleep past 6:00 is if I'm sick. I usually wake up at 4:00 or 4:30 ish and that's my me time. Love having the early morning hours all to myself to potter around the house. Nicola can easily sleep till 6:30 or 7:00 if left uninterrupted, but on the odd occasion where she wakes up early with me, I almost feel cheeted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails