Thursday, March 06, 2014

My personal photo goal this year




I bought my camera on 1 Dec 2011.

In 2012, I just wanted to get better at taking decent photos. I was doing just alright until I took Superhero Photo ----->> please use the link on the sidebar if you sign up so I can get a few dollars - sadly I've only ever had one affiliate sale :(

As anyone who stands still long enough knows, Superhero photo changed the way I see the world. That sounds a bit melodramatic but it's true.

I stopped worrying about the aperture, and speed and this and that, and instead focussed on seeing the beauty, and now I have canvases of photos I took hanging in my house. Floors me!

In 2013, I wanted to get better at taking photos inside. I am better... thanks to Jeanette at that Epson photo workshop. Of course just better is not good enough for me so I'm practising all the time but suffice to say, I don't hate every photo I take inside like I used to, only about 20% of them :)

Last year was also the first year I did a photo a day project since 2010. And then I took a photo a day but somehow during the year I lost about 4 months of photos.... anyway, dismal failure.

Last year though, Instagram made it so simple and in fact, I took much more than just one photo a day.

I'm continuing this year....

In 2013, I also started dabbling with "embracing light and shadows". Normally I'm a "bright light" girl. I don't like dark corners and shadows. But I started following Pink Ronnie late 2012 and I just love how she's not afraid to capture all the dark and light. You should go poke around her blog - she's amazing. She does project life with only iphone photos and has a beautiful simple style. Traditional scrapbookers may not enjoy the simple style but I LOVE IT.

I have a few iphone photos that are favourites just because they're so emotive using the light or absence thereof.

Anyway, that said, this year I want to play more with light and shadows. And black and white photography.

So I started by taking a lot of photos I sneaked at the beach and making them black and white.

The one up above is one of them.

I think we should all be "working on" something with our photos, don't you? :) If you normally stay away from colour, work on adding colour; if you only take photos of your kids, take more photos of weird things, etc.

What are you working on, creatively, this year?

2 comments:

  1. I want to start taking pics of other families - different ones, showing their true selves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take pictures. Period. Lots of them. At the moment my pictures don't look like how I see them in my head. That's what I need to work on. Also. I need to take pictures of actual people. I never do! I even forget to snap my kids sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails