Monday, January 05, 2015

What worked and what didn't... part 4



1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
The most notable was resigning without a job and having a 4-month sabbatical.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for this year?
I don't do resolutions but I do set goals, and yes, 82% achieved. Of course I'll make more this year.

3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
I had big plans to have a big praise and worship evening, and then supper. Only one friend could make it but we still had a good time even though it was different to my original idea.

However, that praise and worship evening is going to be a regular thing. I had a glimpse of GLORY (jokes!) but seriously, I had a glimpse of how things used to be in ministry, and it was a beautiful thing.

So you're all invited - last Friday of every month.



4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank goodness, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. But as soon as I get my head around this school holiday business (which I'm still in denial about), I'll be thinking, planning, scheming....Thailand is calling my name.

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More patience. I really want to work on not getting cross so quickly. Ps 37:8b "Do not lose your temper - it only leads to harm" Um, yes.

7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
25 April - the day I skipped out of my old work's building :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Resigning without a job



9. What was your biggest failure?
Bad business income. Sheesh - I did full financials on Saturday night and it was the 6th worst year of my 9-year business.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Emotional, yes. Physical, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the Fitbit. On a smaller scale, I love the purple/ orange skirt many of you have seen me in and my ballet flats (I have purple and the red ones in the picture above)

12. Where did most of your money go?
Holidays :)



13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Well, this album will - Until the whole world hears - Casting Crowns (it PULLED me through those horrible months at work) and Happy by Pharrrel because the kids sang it non-stop

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxed. This is the same every year... what can I say?!

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Shouting...

16. What were your favourite TV shows?
I don't watch TV, so I have to say The Amazing Race (was there a season this year?)

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, but I have zero respect for the same people from last year!

18. What was the best book you read?
Torn between 7, The Nesting Place and Bread and Wine.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Does Casting Crowns count? :)

20. What was your favourite film of this year?
I watched a total of 6 movies; 3 - 4 of them in the comfort of my lounge... but of the ones I saw at "the real movies", it would have to be Philomena. Did you watch it?




21. What did you do on your birthday
I was on the beach in Ballito - thoroughly recommend it!

22. What kept you sane?
Jesus, D and your prayers.

23. Who did you miss?
I miss my two ex-bosses quite a bit, for our long, meaningful conversations.

24. Who was the best new person you met?
I met 6 new friends last year but I have to say that my three friend dates in CT were some of my favourite times this year.

one
two
three

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
Trust your instincts. If it feels wrong, it IS. Don't be an idiot and try to make it right over and over and over.

And that's me!

Anyone else feel like doing this?
Leave me a comment so I can come read.

4 comments:

  1. Love the last one. I wish I could learn not to bash my head against the same brick wall over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post - all the snippets. I have to say, exactly that... if there is a life lesson that I would want to pass on to our kids, anyone really: "Trust your instincts." Really, that inner voice is often so loud and clear and it is there for a reason. Not to mention a galactic thank you, you are always so sweet about our lovely visit... wish you could have more trips to Cape Town!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I am already failing at the shouting less thing and it's only the 06th of the month. I am excusing it by saying I am tired cos we've not had our holiday yet but there is really no excuse. I must stop shouting at my kids so much! Terrible, aweful habit! Cos really that is what it is... a bad habit!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt like it! It was a nice escape from the snow day that won't end. :)
    You're really onto Thailand aren't you? You need to show me your love of this place. All I am thinking is that I can get Thai food at the beach, ha! I'm so happy 2014 turned around for you, you're in such a better place now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails