Monday, January 19, 2015

Peanut butter and Provitas

First of all, thank you for your delicious comments on yesterday's post. This blogging thing is odd - I thought it was a normal post and yet COMMENTS. Love it!

*****************************************

So when we arrived at the resort, I was armed with my shopping list planning to do what we always do: check in, drop the luggage and then head out for food.

Well, D came back to the car and said the reception ladies said the nearest food place is 45 minutes away.

I said, "that's nonsense. I'll google it" and sure enough, it was 45 kms and 50 mins away!

Hells Bells!

We then made the executive decision to eat supper at the restaurant and then head out the next morning for provisions. By provisions, I mean a boot (trunk) full of food.

And that's how we had apples, provitas and peanut butter for breakfast on our first day of holiday.

No-one starved but it was not exactly what I had in mind (that's an afternoon snack for me).








What's the weirdest breakfast you've ever had?

Also, I feel like I need to finish writing about last year, it being the 19th of Jan already!

What do I still need to post about?

The photography numbers
what else???

PS Drakensberg holiday, day 2

13 comments:

  1. Weirdest breakfast on vacation?
    Definitely a leftover smothered chicken burrito, in bed. Totally classy, right?

    And I'm still waiting to hear about your Thai love! Also, an update on nannies and school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about Thailand - but I'm making a note in my notebook!

      Delete
  2. Many moons ago, on my engagement weekend away, can of sweetcorn, salt and vinegar chips using the corn as a dip, washed down with champagne.
    If I ate that now my stomach would jump out my throat in protest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you improvised with the breakfast. Weirdest thing we had for breakfast: Simba chips with tomato pillchards. Long story how we had this for breakfast, perfect for when I see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win! That is super weird - Im looking forward to hearing that story soon!

      Delete
  4. You know, one has to sometimes make that decision for your own sanity. And I can think of countless weird breakfasts - I have to say Marleen's must be right up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We often have "different" breakfasts, I think my kids are used to eating improv food now. I had pizza one morning. I was very hungover - it was delicious.
    If we ate provitas I am sure David would have that with peanut butter every morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really awesome photos. That breakfast doesn't sound weird to me at all. I can't wait to hear how many photos you took. I guess somewhere around 10 000 considering that you had a quite few holidays last year. Are you still doing project life this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing Project Life this year again! I just mentioned it in this post http://www.the123blog.com/2015/01/my-2014-photography-in-numbers.html

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos...you have them hooked on photos already. Weird breakfast is normal for me...love chocolates and even malva pudding leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breakfast is my FAVOURITE meal of the day and anything goes! Only thing I can't do for breakfast is cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing is off limits for me breakfast wise. I'm not a x is a breakfast meal or x is a dinner food type of person. If I feel like eggs and bread in the evening then that's what we'll have for dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Proper breakfast" is my favourite so I could eat eggs any time of the day (and often do at Mugg and Bean - breakfast the whole day!) The kids also love breakfast for supper.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails