Sunday, January 04, 2015

This word of the year business

Okay!

This year's been interesting in that I didn't feel a big WHOOSH with the word thing.

I could explain everything I was looking for in a few sentences but somehow the word wasn't coming.

So I joined a Facebook group and wrote on there... and then I got emailed with TONS of great ideas. Some were nice... but not for me...and some were great and needed more thought.

And then I had a fleeting thought, like this is going the way all my bad ideas go - too much advice and not trusting my own instincts enough.

So I stopped reading for a day or so and I took out my worksheets and I did the work.

Novel idea.

And I had a word that was perfect.

I made a list last night of things outstanding before the work week starts and one of those was taking photos for the blog.

This afternoon I pulled out the big camera, took two photos and I thought, "what the heck! this word doesn't feel right anymore". It's definitely a good support word, but not THE word.

So I asked myself, "which word is speaking to my heart right now?" (not which word would I LIKE to have...)

and a word came to mind/ heart.

I feel relatively sure of this word but just in case, I went and googled (Olive Treed?) that word to see how many times it appeared in the Bible and it's 62, if you were wondering. I read most of those references quickly and it's looking/ feeling good.

But JUST IN CASE... I'm going to sit with it for a day or two longer to see if it still feels right.

To end off, I thought I'd leave you with some words from my top 10 that didn't make the top 5 :)






Now, let's have some fun...

Anyone want to guess what my old and new words are?
(Jayme, last year you guessed correctly!)

Do you have a word? Share in the comments.

PS all these images are from my Marcia favourites folder of 2014
PPS previous words from 2009...simplicity, consolidate, courage, create, trust and last year, shine.

3 comments:

  1. I have not even had the time or the inclination to think of a word for the year. Looking forward to your big reveal :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year was shine...I will have to wait for you to do the grand reveal xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read this post for the first time I liked TEND. But now I see that ENOUGH is EXACTLY the right word!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails