Wednesday, January 28, 2015

You could almost believe we're in Ireland

One of the days on holiday it was cold and rainy. Normally I love this kind of weather but this time, we weren't prepared so I wasn't that thrilled with the weather.Because it was super cold.

I had delusions of going for runs (!) - me! - so I took gym pants and a grey sweatshirt with us, which was what I wore.

The kids had leggings.

Fortunately, that was the only day it was that cold the whole day. It rained on another two days, but more the thundershowers we're used to in Joburg.


So of course we took a drive and

Irish weather

three little birds

how gorgeous is this?!

:)

the resort

Oh, I loved this manhole cover. Rust and chipped paint - what more could you want?!

and my other love, fire hydrants!

A wallflower :)


my favourite kind of photo - bare branches against those grey skies. To be honest, everything looks better against a grey sky!
Which is your favourite "Irish" photo?
PS I'm a bit under the weather and by "a bit" I mean a lot. So I don't want to talk or do anything. I'm sleeping a lot and reading some. Oh, and I cooked two meals because when do I get the luxury of cooking?! I want to finish A Million Little Ways this month - the Kindle tells me I'm 58% through.

8 comments:

  1. I don't know about anything "Irish", but I love that pic of the fog hanging over the hills. And that sign is priceless! Beware of real butter! That's my kind of adventure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, I love that sign "wild children"! And I can confirm that I had the best cup of tea and scones at that little coffee shop :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, love that sign!

    Beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the sign! And the one with the mist over the mountains. A lovely soft weather day

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 2nd and 4th photos are my favorite. When we stayed at Alpine Heath, there were blue skies everyday. It looks so different in your photos. I never thought of Ireland as a country to visit, but after seeing the photos from your previous holidays, I want to visit it. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sign sounds like my house, minus the cappuccinos. :)
    That man hole cover is fabulous. I really need to force G into some travel!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better?

    I'm a sucker for grey skies and rolling hills!!!

    And that sign , hmmm wild children!!! Real butter yes bring that on, life is too short for fake butter or cheese LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo's and the sign. Hope you are much better now

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails