Sunday, March 04, 2007

in the wars

Gee whiz. I haven't been feeling very well lately. And this is very weird for me - to be unwell for 3 weekends in a row.

Friday 16th Feb
Woke up with severe stomach cramps. I thought it was because I was hungry so had breakfast as normal and waited for the cramping to stop.

It didn't. So I phoned the onsite nurse and she said to come straight away. I said I would the minute I could walk because at this point I was hunched over my desk - I couldn't even straighten up. Well, I got the security guys to drive me to the other building in the little golf carts they use (that part was cool).

She did a urine test and prodded me quite a bit (very sore) before pronouncing me well. She said there was nothing wrong but wind. Wind! And I was sent off with some antacid stuff which I started taking immediately.

By the next morning around 11am I was all better. (No sign of this since - thank God)


Friday 23rd
Periods. Lots of Nurofen. Need I say more?

I have been having 8-day periods the last 3 - 4 cycles. Before that they were about 6 days long. Ridiculous! For the first 2 - 3 days, there's virtually nothing, and then the cramps and bleeding start in ernest. That carries on for about 3 days and then the last couple of days are very similiar to the first ones - not much pain, bleeding, etc.

During the middle days, I bleed copiously. And I have to have 2 Nurofen strictly every 4 - 6 hours. Sometimes I take more than is allowed because I just can't cope. At this point I don't care if I have other side effects - I just want the pain to stop. The pain is worse on my left side and is so bad that my left leg goes numb right down to mid-thigh. Isn't it fun being a girl!

So last Friday, I sat there at work, leg going more and more numb until I couldn't take it any more. And went home to veg in front of the TV/ in bed with my hotwater bottle and Nurofen as my cherished companions.

That was weekend 2.

Thursday 1 March
Our office is ice-cold inside and since I'm in the southern hemisphere, it is summer and blazing hot outside. These inconsistent temperatures are not good and as a result, I started having the sniffles on Wed. Thursday it was really bad - red nose and tearing eyes having joined the party.

A couple of Degoran and I was right as rain on Friday as far as that was concerned BUT guess what took the place?

Sharp, stabbing pains on my left woke me on Friday morning. Like period pains. Except my periods have been over for about 4 days. So I waited it out as long as I could (at this point on the endometriosis journey, my pain threshold is quite high) and at 6pm I took a Nurofen. Worked like a dream after the inevitable 90-minute delay.

Did the same on Saturday and again today...

Anybody have any idea what it could be? If this continues, I'll have to go to the gynae.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails