Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm petrified

Today's the 2nd scan (I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow) and I'm petrified.

Since I have virtually no symptoms, I don't know what's going on down there.

I keep clinging to that verse in Hebrews that I saw on Nity's blog

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

And yesterday I had no symptoms whatsoever - no sore boobs, no nausea, no tiredness, nothing! I had to phone for a 12-week appointment at a "normal" obstetrician and I actually whispered to the receptionist, "I'm pregnant".

Although today I've been yawning so much I feel like I could fall asleep right here at my desk.

I have a question for those of you who are pregnant after infertility:

When does this paranoia go away???

(Surely I can't go for a scan every week just to reassure myself, like Tertia
did. I thought it was a bit over the top at first; now that I'm there I understand COMPLETELY and would happily pop in weekly)

4 comments:

  1. I think it gets better in the second trimester. Now I wish my symptoms would go away :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a hard time with it, but it does get a little better. If I don't feel the baby move for several hours I get really worried...try not to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it will. That's when faith comes into play. :o)

    I don't really have a lot of symptoms either, and it took the tech a little while to find the babe on our u/s, so I freaked out a little too.

    Praying for you.

    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting to see how everything went! Try not to put too much stock into the symptoms. From the women I've talked to, they can change daily or you might not have any. My mother never did with either of her pregnancies. Good luck!! I was as sick as a dog yesterday but am feeling better today. Go figure?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails