Saturday, October 24, 2009

I think I've lost my Connor mojo


s
oh my word, Connor has not been sleeping properly today.

The Gina Ford book says babies are supposed to be awake around 6 hours daily to sleep properly at night. If you're not a Gina Ford fan, just stay with me....I'm trying to make a point.

I only started tracking their awake times yesterday. Connor was awake between 5 and 6 hours yesterday - fabulous - and today when he hit 6 hours, I was like YAYYYY!

I spoke too soon.

Because I put him down, he slept for 30 minutes and was then WIDE awake again. No amount of feeding, rocking, changing, etc. would do it for him.

And yet I could see in his eyes how tired he was.

I can usually get Connor to quiet VERY quickly, the best of anyone, I don't mind saying. So I'm thinking I've lost my Connor mojo.

Well, two hours later (so now over 8 hours of awake time!!!), he is finally asleep.

And I am DEAD on my feet.

I came to the computer to read blogs for a bit while my wonderful husband made me a cup of tea and washed all the bottles (I think they've multiplied - I didn't notice I'd amassed such a lot because the nannies usually clean them but when they stand unwashed... well, let's just say I have a lot less counter space).

And he has now bossed me off to bed.

Very happy to comply.

Will let you know how the boy sleeps tonight - if this awake time works

P.S. that babygrow says "I love my mummy"

Edited to add

He slept 5,5 hours and then 3 hours. I think he's resetting his sleep patterns.

5 comments:

  1. My boys sleep 11 hours at night and 4-5 during the day which leaves about 8-9 hours of awake time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday was 13 weeks for us and it was like a light went off! They are both awake and active more-I was totally uprepared for such a change and thought it was from our trip but it hasn't left!

    Next week-nap time starts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..you make me laugh! I am 36 with bad knees and need to lose a crap ton of weight...so I have you beat :-)
    Cereal did not change their sleeping habits. They have been sleeping about 11 hours a night since September and we started cereal on Oct 13th. We put them to bed at 7:30 and they wake up at 7:00...thank the Lord!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures...their sleep schedules change the minute you think you have them figured out. I just read the comment you left about the gym and changing (or lack thereof)...me too...it happens...so what? Haha...such is the life of a multiple Mom! Hang in there and thank God for a husband who will make you tea!!! Oh, and who is Gina Ford? I am not familiar! Those people who write those books? Mostly liars...hahahahahahahahaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He may be a ratbag but gosh he's cute :) I get the sleeping thing - frustrating eh? Grrrr :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails